Fenofibrate and Itching - from FDA reports
Itching is found among people who take Fenofibrate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Niaspan, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Itching with Fenofibrate. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16,814 people who have side effects when taking Fenofibrate from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 20, 2017
16,814 people reported to have side effects when taking Fenofibrate.
Among them, 453 people (2.69%) have Itching
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Fenofibrate when people have Itching *:
- < 1 month: 35.71 %
- 1 - 6 months: 28.57 %
- 6 - 12 months: 28.57 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.57 %
- 2 - 5 years: 3.57 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Fenofibrate *:
- female: 49.2 %
- male: 50.8 %
Age of people who have Itching when taking Fenofibrate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.31 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.57 %
- 30-39: 4.4 %
- 40-49: 11.95 %
- 50-59: 20.75 %
- 60+: 61.01 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (43 people, 9.49%)
- Diabetes (30 people, 6.62%)
- Pain (20 people, 4.42%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (17 people, 3.75%)
- High Density Lipoprotein Decreased (17 people, 3.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Niaspan (90 people, 19.87%)
- Aspirin (64 people, 14.13%)
- Lisinopril (43 people, 9.49%)
- Fish Oil (41 people, 9.05%)
- Crestor (37 people, 8.17%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (156 people, 34.44%)
- Skin Blushing/flushing (83 people, 18.32%)
- Pain (38 people, 8.39%)
- Fatigue (37 people, 8.17%)
- Feeling Hot (34 people, 7.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Itching when taking Fenofibrate?
- Check symptoms - is itching caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsItching and drugs with ingredients of fenofibrate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeItching and Fenofibrate from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Fenofibrate has active ingredients of fenofibrate. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Fenofibrate 17,538 users)
Itching has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 165,439 Itching patients).
Browse all side effects of Fenofibratea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ItchingItching
Could your condition cause ItchingItching
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I started fenofibrate in march, for high triglycerides, I had my back fused at the same time. My back doctor says the pain in my back and leg Is normal, because this is the pain experienced before my fusion and it will last for a few months. But I've been experiencing severe muscle pain in my ...
I have been on Tamsulosin for almost 10 months. However, I have noticed in the last few weeks of itching. I have also noticed some rashes in my scrap. I just took a dose tonight and started noticing this weard sensation and feeling as if ants are crawling over me. I took a Benadryl to help ...
I had my gallbladder removed and had a problem with chronic diarrhea. I also have high cholesterol. My doctor put me on cholesterol medication called Welchol. At first, it was wonderful because it stopped me from having diarrhea so much. But now my skin itches everywhere even in my scalp.