Ferrous fumarate and Hepatic cirrhosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hepatic cirrhosis is found among people who take Ferrous fumarate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ferrous fumarate and have Hepatic cirrhosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,429 people who have side effects when taking Ferrous fumarate from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
7,429 people reported to have side effects when taking Ferrous fumarate.
Among them, 13 people (0.17%) have Hepatic cirrhosis.
What is Ferrous fumarate?
Ferrous fumarate has active ingredients of ferrous fumarate. It is often used in anemia. eHealthMe is studying from 7,849 Ferrous fumarate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hepatic cirrhosis?
Hepatic cirrhosis (chronic liver disease characterized by replacement of liver tissue by fibrosis, scar tissue) is found to be associated with 1,873 drugs and 1,161 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Ferrous fumarate and Hepatic cirrhosis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hepatic cirrhosis when taking Ferrous fumarate *:
- female: 46.15 %
- male: 53.85 %
Age of people who have Hepatic cirrhosis when taking Ferrous fumarate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 15.38 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 30.77 %
- 60+: 53.85 %
Common drugs people take besides Ferrous fumarate *:
- Lasix: 4 people, 30.77%
- Tamsulosin: 4 people, 30.77%
- Metformin: 3 people, 23.08%
- Gleevec: 3 people, 23.08%
- Insulin: 3 people, 23.08%
- Apixaban: 3 people, 23.08%
- Rabeprazole: 3 people, 23.08%
- Pantoprazole: 2 people, 15.38%
- Movicol: 2 people, 15.38%
- Ventolin: 2 people, 15.38%
Common side effects people have besides Hepatic cirrhosis *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 6 people, 46.15%
- Renal Disorder (kidney disease): 5 people, 38.46%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 5 people, 38.46%
- Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (liver inflammation caused by a build up of fat in the liver): 4 people, 30.77%
- Swelling: 4 people, 30.77%
- Splenomegaly (enlargement of spleen): 4 people, 30.77%
- White Blood Cell Count Increased: 3 people, 23.08%
- Hepatic Failure (liver failure): 3 people, 23.08%
- Weight Increased: 3 people, 23.08%
- Heart Rate Increased: 3 people, 23.08%
Common conditions people have *:
- Ulcerative Colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 4 people, 30.77%
- Diabetes: 4 people, 30.77%
- Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia (long lasting type of cancer that starts in the blood-forming cells of the bone marrow and invades the blood): 3 people, 23.08%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 2 people, 15.38%
- Cystic Fibrosis (disease of the secretary glands): 2 people, 15.38%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 1 person, 7.69%
- Pain: 1 person, 7.69%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 1 person, 7.69%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 7.69%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 7.69%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ferrous fumarate and have Hepatic cirrhosis?Check whether Hepatic cirrhosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Hepatic cirrhosis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ferrous fumarate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ferrous fumarate:
- Ferrous fumarate (7,849 reports)
Common Ferrous fumarate side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 626 reports
- Rashes (redness): 524 reports
- Diarrhea: 438 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 436 reports
- Drug ineffective: 418 reports
- Joint pain: 392 reports
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 344 reports
Browse all side effects of Ferrous fumarate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hepatic cirrhosis treatments and more:
- Hepatic cirrhosis (25,104 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hepatic cirrhosis:
- Hepatic cirrhosis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hepatic cirrhosis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hepatic cirrhosis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hepatic cirrhosis:
- Methotrexate: 1,705 reports
- Humira: 1,592 reports
- Prednisone: 1,118 reports
- Ribavirin: 1,035 reports
- Furosemide: 935 reports
- Enbrel: 921 reports
- Metformin: 892 reports
- Spironolactone: 887 reports
- Lasix: 886 reports
- Omeprazole: 686 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hepatic cirrhosis:
- Hepatic cirrhosis (1,873 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hepatic cirrhosis:
- Hepatitis c: 1,389 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,284 reports
- Psoriasis: 908 reports
- High blood pressure: 838 reports
- Pain: 810 reports
- Diabetes: 697 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hepatic cirrhosis:
- Hepatic cirrhosis (1,161 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ferrous fumarate (the active ingredients of Ferrous fumarate) and Ferrous fumarate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zofran and Non-Hodgkin'S Lymphoma - a second ago
- Detrol La and Hair Color Changes - 8 seconds ago
- Ibu and Acetaminophen And Codeine Phosphate drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Morphine and Oralone drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Levothroid and Hyperventilation - 34 seconds ago
- Alavert and Proteinuria Aggravated - 39 seconds ago
- Zaroxolyn and Arthritis Bacterial - 39 seconds ago
- Neulasta and Bell'S Palsy - 40 seconds ago
- Dulcolax and Vivelle drug interaction - 52 seconds ago
- Vitamin B2 and Impaired Gastric Emptying - 56 seconds ago