Finasteride and Arthralgia - from FDA reports
Arthralgia is found among people who take Finasteride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Propecia, and have High blood pressure. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 18,694 people who have side effects when taking Finasteride from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
18,694 people reported to have side effects when taking Finasteride.
Among them, 490 people (2.62%) have Arthralgia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Finasteride when people have Arthralgia *:
- < 1 month: 17.74 %
- 1 - 6 months: 14.52 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.06 %
- 1 - 2 years: 16.13 %
- 2 - 5 years: 30.65 %
- 5 - 10 years: 9.68 %
- 10+ years: 3.23 %
Gender of people who have Arthralgia when taking Finasteride *:
- female: 3.16 %
- male: 96.84 %
Age of people who have Arthralgia when taking Finasteride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.9 %
- 30-39: 3.17 %
- 40-49: 2.54 %
- 50-59: 7.94 %
- 60+: 84.44 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 51 people, 10.41%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 44 people, 8.98%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 43 people, 8.78%
- Androgenetic Alopecia (common form of hair loss): 37 people, 7.55%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 32 people, 6.53%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Propecia: 77 people, 15.71%
- Proscar: 72 people, 14.69%
- Flomax: 56 people, 11.43%
- Lisinopril: 50 people, 10.20%
- Simvastatin: 50 people, 10.20%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 146 people, 29.80%
- Stress And Anxiety: 129 people, 26.33%
- Muscle Aches (muscle pain): 129 people, 26.33%
- Depression: 123 people, 25.10%
- Erection Problems: 112 people, 22.86%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Arthralgia while taking Finasteride?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Arthralgia
- Subscribe to monitor Arthralgia in Finasteride
You are not alone:
Finasteride has active ingredients of finasteride. It is often used in prostate examination abnormal. (latest outcomes from Finasteride 19,524 users)
Arthralgia (joint pain) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, psoriatic arthropathy, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 269,960 Arthralgia patients).
Drugs that are associated with ArthralgiaArthralgia (3,824 drugs)
Could your condition cause ArthralgiaArthralgia (4,175 conditions)
Finasteride side effects
- Finasteride side effects (18,715 reports)
Browse all side effects of Finasteridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Fouda AM, Bazeed AM, "Hematuria and Hematospermia Associated with the Use of Finasteride for the Treatment of Androgenic Alopecia: A Case Report", Drug Safety-Case Reports, 2017 Dec .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Glossodynia with Cefzil? - a second ago
- Will you have Japan Coma Scale Abnormal with Soy? - a second ago
- Will you have Pleural Fluid with Age-Related Macular Degeneration? - a second ago
- Will you have Fluid In The Chest with Age-Related Macular Degeneration? - a second ago
- Will you have Pleural Effusion with Age-Related Macular Degeneration? - a second ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Cosentyx - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 31 year old woman who takes - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 40 year old woman who takes Depakote Er, Seroquel, Loratadine, Lexapro, Topamax - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 51 year old woman who takes Alendronate Sodium - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 65 year old man who takes Ezetimibe - 11 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.