Who have Arthralgia with Finasteride - from FDA reports
Arthralgia is found among people who take Finasteride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Propecia, and have High blood pressure. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 19,867 people who have side effects when taking Finasteride from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
19,867 people reported to have side effects when taking Finasteride.
Among them, 521 people (2.62%) have Arthralgia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Finasteride when people have Arthralgia *:
- < 1 month: 16.92 %
- 1 - 6 months: 15.38 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10.77 %
- 1 - 2 years: 16.92 %
- 2 - 5 years: 27.69 %
- 5 - 10 years: 9.23 %
- 10+ years: 3.08 %
Gender of people who have Arthralgia when taking Finasteride *:
- female: 2.98 %
- male: 97.02 %
Age of people who have Arthralgia when taking Finasteride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.77 %
- 30-39: 3.54 %
- 40-49: 2.95 %
- 50-59: 7.67 %
- 60+: 84.07 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 53 people, 10.17%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 45 people, 8.64%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 44 people, 8.45%
- Androgenetic Alopecia (common form of hair loss): 40 people, 7.68%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 37 people, 7.10%
- Prostatic Disorder: 33 people, 6.33%
- Prostatomegaly (enlargement of the prostate): 31 people, 5.95%
- Pain: 24 people, 4.61%
- Depression: 18 people, 3.45%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 18 people, 3.45%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Propecia: 78 people, 14.97%
- Proscar: 74 people, 14.20%
- Tamsulosin: 59 people, 11.32%
- Flomax: 58 people, 11.13%
- Lisinopril: 50 people, 9.60%
- Simvastatin: 50 people, 9.60%
- Levaquin: 41 people, 7.87%
- Lipitor: 38 people, 7.29%
- Aspirin: 37 people, 7.10%
- Zometa: 37 people, 7.10%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 155 people, 29.75%
- Muscle Aches (muscle pain): 135 people, 25.91%
- Stress And Anxiety: 132 people, 25.34%
- Depression: 127 people, 24.38%
- Erection Problems: 116 people, 22.26%
- Weakness: 113 people, 21.69%
- Pain In Extremity: 107 people, 20.54%
- Back Pain: 99 people, 19.00%
- Pain: 96 people, 18.43%
- Headache (pain in head): 77 people, 14.78%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Arthralgia while taking Finasteride?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Arthralgia
- Subscribe to monitor Arthralgia in Finasteride
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Finasteride and have Arthralgia
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Finasteride has active ingredients of finasteride. It is often used in prostate examination abnormal. (latest outcomes from Finasteride 20,697 users)
Arthralgia (joint pain) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, psoriatic arthropathy (latest reports from 279,970 Arthralgia patients).
Drugs that are associated with ArthralgiaArthralgia (3,865 drugs)
Could your condition cause ArthralgiaArthralgia (4,179 conditions)
Finasteride side effects
- Finasteride side effects (19,888 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Finasteridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Compare Finasteride to similar drugs:
- Finasteride vs Avodart
- Finasteride vs Bactrim
- Finasteride vs Cialis
- Finasteride vs Doxazosin mesylate
- Finasteride vs Minoxidil
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Fouda AM, Bazeed AM, "Hematuria and Hematospermia Associated with the Use of Finasteride for the Treatment of Androgenic Alopecia: A Case Report", Drug Safety-Case Reports, 2017 Dec .
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Joint Dislocation Postoperative with Muscle Spasms? - now
- Ditropan and C12 drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Umbilical Cord Around Neck with Geodon? - a second ago
- Will you have Nail Discolouration with Promethazine? - a second ago
- Will you have Metastases To Perineum with Prozac? - a second ago
- Will you have Nail Discoloration with Promethazine? - 2 seconds ago
- Tegretol and Vitamin D3 drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Xalkori and Butrans drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Vestibular Disorder with Accutane? - 6 seconds ago
- Lexapro and Cade Oil drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 41 year old woman who takes Maxalt, Vitamin D3, Zyrtec, Magnesia, Inderal, Cymbalta, Flonase, Zonegran, Calcium, Phenergan, Zinc Sulfate, Buspar - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 43 year old woman who takes Wellbutrin Sr, Fish Oil, Vitamin B12, Gabapentin - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 33 year old woman who takes Strattera - 7 hours ago
- Prediction of Prednisone for a 45 year old woman - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 30 year old woman who takes Junel 1.5/30, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Remicade, Lexapro - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 41 year old woman who takes Digitalis, Coumadin - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 67 year old woman who takes Norvasc - 10 hours ago
- A study for a 28 year old woman who takes Propranolol Hydrochloride, Mirtazapine - 11 hours ago
- A study for a 76 year old man who takes Warfarin Sodium - 12 hours ago
- A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Nadolol, Synthroid - 13 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.