Finasteride and Blood urea increased - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Blood urea increased is found among people who take Finasteride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Finasteride and have Blood urea increased. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 35,020 people who have side effects when taking Finasteride from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
35,020 people reported to have side effects when taking Finasteride.
Among them, 94 people (0.27%) have Blood urea increased.
What is Finasteride?
Finasteride has active ingredients of finasteride. It is often used in prostate examination abnormal. eHealthMe is studying from 36,380 Finasteride users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Blood urea increased?
Blood urea increased is found to be associated with 2,344 drugs and 1,927 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Finasteride and Blood urea increased reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Blood urea increased when taking Finasteride *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Blood urea increased when taking Finasteride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 1.19 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 1.19 %
- 50-59: 2.38 %
- 60+: 95.24 %
Common drugs people take besides Finasteride *:
- Furosemide: 31 people, 32.98%
- Omeprazole: 26 people, 27.66%
- Tamsulosin: 26 people, 27.66%
- Torsemide: 20 people, 21.28%
- Metformin: 18 people, 19.15%
- Magnesium: 18 people, 19.15%
- Rivaroxaban: 18 people, 19.15%
- Potassium: 17 people, 18.09%
- Spironolactone: 17 people, 18.09%
- Pantoprazole: 13 people, 13.83%
Common side effects people have besides Blood urea increased *:
- Blood Creatinine Increased: 65 people, 69.15%
- Blood Glucose Increased: 32 people, 34.04%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 25 people, 26.60%
- Breathing Difficulty: 24 people, 25.53%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 22 people, 23.40%
- Blood Creatine Phosphokinase Increased: 22 people, 23.40%
- Brain Natriuretic Peptide Increased: 21 people, 22.34%
- Red Cell Distribution Width Increased: 21 people, 22.34%
- Myoglobin Blood Increased (presence of myoglobin in blood increased): 21 people, 22.34%
- Troponin Increased: 20 people, 21.28%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Pressure: 21 people, 22.34%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 13 people, 13.83%
- Depression: 9 people, 9.57%
- Constipation: 8 people, 8.51%
- Hyperuricaemia (level of uric acid in the blood that is abnormally high): 8 people, 8.51%
- Cardiac Failure: 7 people, 7.45%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 5 people, 5.32%
- Indigestion: 4 people, 4.26%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 3 people, 3.19%
- Diabetes: 3 people, 3.19%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Finasteride and have Blood urea increased?Check whether Blood urea increased is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Fouda AM, Bazeed AM, "Hematuria and Hematospermia Associated with the Use of Finasteride for the Treatment of Androgenic Alopecia: A Case Report", Drug Safety-Case Reports, 2017 Dec .
How severe was Blood urea increased and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of finasteride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Finasteride:
- Finasteride (36,380 reports)
Common Finasteride side effects:
Browse all side effects of Finasteride:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Blood urea increased treatments and more:
- Blood urea increased (28,430 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Blood urea increased:
- Blood urea increased in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Blood urea increased in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Blood urea increased in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Blood urea increased:
All the drugs that are associated with Blood urea increased:
- Blood urea increased (2,344 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Blood urea increased:
All the conditions that are associated with Blood urea increased:
- Blood urea increased (1,927 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on finasteride (the active ingredients of Finasteride) and Finasteride (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Advair Diskus 250/50 and Skin Blushing/Flushing - now
- Tramadol Hydrochloride and Bumetanide drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Vasotec and Magnesium drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Carafate and Lidex drug interaction - 51 seconds ago
- Abnormal Dreams and drugs of ingredients of cefuroxime axetil - 52 seconds ago
- Concerta and Rhinocort drug interaction - 58 seconds ago
- Hydroxyurea and Neumega drug interaction - a minute ago
- Oxycodone and B Complex Vitamin drug interaction - a minute ago
- Pantoprazole Sodium and Bumetanide drug interaction - a minute ago
- Clopra and Cough Aggravated - a minute ago