Finasteride and Congested nose - from FDA reports
Congested nose is found among people who take Finasteride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Propecia, and have Androgenetic alopecia. This review analyzes which people have Congested nose with Finasteride. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 14,473 people who have side effects when taking Finasteride from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 24, 2017
14,473 people reported to have side effects when taking Finasteride.
Among them, 53 people (0.37%) have Congested nose
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Finasteride when people have Congested nose *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 27.27 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.09 %
- 1 - 2 years: 27.27 %
- 2 - 5 years: 18.18 %
- 5 - 10 years: 18.18 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Congested nose when taking Finasteride *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Congested nose when taking Finasteride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 3.57 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 10.71 %
- 60+: 85.71 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Androgenetic Alopecia (10 people, 18.87%)
- High Blood Pressure (7 people, 13.21%)
- Prostatic Disorder (4 people, 7.55%)
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (4 people, 7.55%)
- Multiple Myeloma (4 people, 7.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Propecia (17 people, 32.08%)
- Lisinopril (9 people, 16.98%)
- Proscar (8 people, 15.09%)
- Aspirin (8 people, 15.09%)
- Simvastatin (6 people, 11.32%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (20 people, 37.74%)
- Fatigue (20 people, 37.74%)
- Erection Problems (18 people, 33.96%)
- Depression (17 people, 32.08%)
- Cough (12 people, 22.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Congested nose when taking Finasteride?
- Check symptoms - is congested nose caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsCongested nose and drugs with ingredients of finasteride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCongested nose and Finasteride from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Finasteride has active ingredients of finasteride. It is often used in prostate examination abnormal. (latest outcomes from Finasteride 15,299 users)
Congested nose has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, primary pulmonary hypertension, asthma, pulmonary hypertension, psoriasis (latest reports from 33,889 Congested nose patients).
Browse all side effects of Finasteridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Congested noseCongested nose
Could your condition cause Congested noseCongested nose
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
Had moderate dry mouth prior to starting Metformin, but much worse and disabling (especially sleep-I'm exhausted) during the time that I have been taking 500 mg daily Metformin. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks. Steve
I am a 70+ male with nasal polyps. Years ago I experienced a stuffy nose with Flomax and now, after recently taking Finasteride for little over a month, I experiencd the same problem. Accordingly, I am unable to tolerate either drug.
I'm experiencing nasal congestion on Benzstropine which is exacerbating my disorder. Makes me want to have a panic attack. I take Ability with it. I take 1mg of Benzstropine in the morning and 1mg at night. If I cry it makes it worse...feels like I'm going to die.
Since taking Brilinta (90 mg) 2 x day, I have had a stuffy nose. I have to blow it several times a day and I find 'debris' and sometimes some blood. I used to have a bloody nose when I first started taking this medication but that has toned way down. The stuffy nose symptoms have not gone ...