Finasteride and Hypokalemic syndrome - from FDA reports
Hypokalemic syndrome is found among people who take Finasteride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old also take medication Pantoprazole, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Hypokalemic syndrome with Finasteride. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 14,473 people who have side effects when taking Finasteride from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 23, 2017
14,473 people reported to have side effects when taking Finasteride.
Among them, 55 people (0.38%) have Hypokalemic syndrome
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hypokalemic syndrome when taking Finasteride *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Hypokalemic syndrome when taking Finasteride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 2 %
- 60+: 98 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (10 people, 18.18%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (9 people, 16.36%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (6 people, 10.91%)
- Stent (5 people, 9.09%)
- Gastric Cancer (5 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Pantoprazole (16 people, 29.09%)
- Metformin (14 people, 25.45%)
- Amlodipine (12 people, 21.82%)
- Tamsulosin (11 people, 20.00%)
- Furosemide (10 people, 18.18%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypomagnesaemia (22 people, 40.00%)
- Fatigue (20 people, 36.36%)
- Diarrhea (17 people, 30.91%)
- Hypocalcaemia (14 people, 25.45%)
- Muscle Spasms (12 people, 21.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Hypokalemic syndrome when taking Finasteride?
- Check symptoms - is hypokalemic syndrome caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHypokalemic syndrome and drugs with ingredients of finasteride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHypokalemic syndrome and Finasteride from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Finasteride has active ingredients of finasteride. It is often used in prostate examination abnormal. (latest outcomes from Finasteride 15,299 users)
Hypokalemic syndrome has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, depression, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 36,202 Hypokalemic syndrome patients).
Browse all side effects of Finasteridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Hypokalemic syndromeHypokalemic syndrome
Could your condition cause Hypokalemic syndromeHypokalemic syndrome
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Presented with 70% total paralysis. Potassium was 1.7. Muscle enzymes were over 4000. Daily meds before symptoms presented-celexa, ambien, OxyContin, unisom. Consumed 12-15 cans of Coca Cola per day. I have stopped all cokes. What is my prognosis according to other patients with similar symptoms ...
59 years...Just had my 2nd dose of prolia , during a routine 24 urine test, was found to have hypercalciumia now on chlorthalidone which caused me to have a critical low potassium.went to EC for potassium . Have been feeling tired, with upper arm pain and a headache X1 week prior to and after ...