Fiorinal and Atrial fibrillation/flutter - from FDA reports
Atrial fibrillation/flutter is found among people who take Fiorinal, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Levoxyl, and have Breast cancer. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,901 people who have side effects when taking Fiorinal from FDA, and is updated regularly.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our independent and original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications.
1,901 people reported to have side effects when taking Fiorinal.
Among them, 22 people (1.16%) have Atrial fibrillation/flutter
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Fiorinal when people have Atrial fibrillation/flutter *:
- < 1 month: 75 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Atrial fibrillation/flutter when taking Fiorinal *:
- female: 59.09 %
- male: 40.91 %
Age of people who have Atrial fibrillation/flutter when taking Fiorinal *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 5.88 %
- 40-49: 5.88 %
- 50-59: 58.82 %
- 60+: 29.41 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 5 people, 22.73%
- Breast Cancer: 5 people, 22.73%
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 13.64%
- Sciatica (a set of symptoms including pain caused by general compression or irritation of one of five spinal nerve roots of each sciatic nerve): 3 people, 13.64%
- Pain: 3 people, 13.64%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Levoxyl: 9 people, 40.91%
- Neurontin: 8 people, 36.36%
- Nystatin: 7 people, 31.82%
- Aspirin: 7 people, 31.82%
- Coumadin: 7 people, 31.82%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 13 people, 59.09%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 12 people, 54.55%
- Joint Pain: 10 people, 45.45%
- Weakness: 10 people, 45.45%
- High Blood Pressure: 10 people, 45.45%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Are you new to Fiorinal or have questions?
- There are people who "have been there". Follow a Care Guide of Fiorinal to ask questions and learn from experience.
Volunteer or get paid to help people with your care experience
Fiorinal has active ingredients of aspirin; butalbital; caffeine. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Fiorinal 2,048 users)
Atrial fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, diabetes, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 181,343 Atrial fibrillation/flutter patients).
Drugs that are associated with Atrial fibrillation/flutterAtrial fibrillation/flutter (1,512 drugs)
Could your condition cause Atrial fibrillation/flutterAtrial fibrillation/flutter (2,696 conditions)
Fiorinal side effects
- Fiorinal side effects (1,901 reports)
Browse all side effects of Fiorinala b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Fiorinal and have Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter
- Support group for people who have Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter
- Support group for people who take Fiorinal
You may be interested in these posts
- I am 65 Years old, about 5 years ago I discovered that vitamin D supplements were causing my heart to flutter.
- Have been recently diagnosed with sick sinus syndrome and afi.I I hve a pacemaker installled .I have history of kidney stones.I just read that flecanide cAN cause kideny desease I am a little concerned about this.I have been on flecanide for 1 month now
- Hello everyone. I was diagnosed with AF three months ago. I take a small amount of Zolpidem (3 mg does the trick) most nights to help fall asleep. I came across this group online and have decided to sign up. I will be having the heart `jump start` in a few weeks. Best, Paul
- Hi I'm Wendy I'm 56 .my mum had af.and now iv had it for 5 years .I can go for weeks feeling good. Then I get a dull back ache and I know I'm going to have an af episode and generally feel yuk.i was told the back is connected to the heart.i take pain killers and the ache goes .If I have a real...
- When diagnosed w/ A-Fib 3/12 was put on a drug oh, Dro? 325mg had reactions, was taken off by MD. Have been doing fine with baby aspirin for 6 yrs. Off & on flutters, usually just breathing it thru is fine. But I had a lot of anxiety 1st few months. Do have PTSD just added to it. Well end of...
- Will you have Postnasal Drip with Mobic?
- Will you have Anxiety with Accuretic?
- Will you have Mud Fever with Fosamax?
- Will you have Enlarged Spleen with Oxaliplatin?
- Will you have Joint Aches with Vinpocetine?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Mobic and have Postnasal Drip?
- Support group for people who take Accuretic and have Anxiety?
- Support group for people who take Fosamax and have Mud Fever?
- Support group for people who take Oxaliplatin and have Enlarged Spleen?
- Support group for people who take Vinpocetine and have Joint Aches?
Recent Care Guides
- Charles mccall (monthly rate: $10.00)
- Tender care (Free)
- Nana fran (monthly rate: $10.00)
- Feynman (monthly rate: $10.00)
- Anita d (monthly rate: $10.00)
You could also:
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.