Firmagon and Heart palpitations - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 3,074 people who have side effects when taking Firmagon. Heart palpitations is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Aspirin and have Neoplasm malignant.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Firmagon and have Heart palpitations. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
3,074 people reported to have side effects when taking Firmagon.
Among them, 12 people (0.39%) have Heart palpitations.
What is Firmagon?
Firmagon has active ingredients of degarelix acetate. It is used in prostate cancer. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 3,091 Firmagon users.
What is Heart palpitations?
Heart palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) is found to be associated with 3,734 drugs and 3,565 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 141,354 people who have Heart palpitations.
Number of Firmagon and Heart palpitations reports submitted per year:
Time on Firmagon when people have Heart palpitations *:
- < 1 month: 60 %
- 1 - 6 months: 40 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Firmagon *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Firmagon *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 22.22 %
- 60+: 77.78 %
Common drugs people take besides Firmagon *:
- Aspirin: 3 people, 25.00%
- Lyrica: 2 people, 16.67%
- Furosemide: 2 people, 16.67%
- Lipitor: 2 people, 16.67%
- Lisinopril: 2 people, 16.67%
- Zytiga: 2 people, 16.67%
- Xanax: 2 people, 16.67%
- Xgeva: 2 people, 16.67%
- Norvasc: 1 person, 8.33%
- Prolia: 1 person, 8.33%
Common side effects people have besides Heart palpitations *:
- Weakness: 3 people, 25.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 3 people, 25.00%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 3 people, 25.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 25.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 25.00%
- Coughing Up Blood: 2 people, 16.67%
- Fever: 2 people, 16.67%
- Tooth Abscess (pus formation in tooth): 2 people, 16.67%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 16.67%
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 2 people, 16.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour): 1 person, 8.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Firmagon and have Heart palpitations?Check whether Heart palpitations is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Firmagon side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Firmagon side effects (3,091 reports)
Heart palpitations treatments and more:
- Heart palpitations (141,354 reports)
Common drugs associated with Heart palpitations:
- Aspirin: 5,660 reports
- Synthroid: 4,928 reports
- Prednisone: 4,792 reports
- Amlodipine: 3,609 reports
- Omeprazole: 3,607 reports
- Metformin: 3,481 reports
- Vitamin d: 3,009 reports
- Lisinopril: 2,901 reports
- Methotrexate: 2,861 reports
- Lipitor: 2,764 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Heart palpitations:
- Heart palpitations (3,734 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Heart palpitations:
- High blood pressure: 7,072 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 4,700 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 4,679 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 4,331 reports
- Depression: 4,136 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Heart palpitations:
- Heart palpitations (3,565 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on degarelix acetate (the active ingredients of Firmagon) and Firmagon (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Welchol and Upper Limb Fracture - 6 seconds ago
- Valium and Embeda drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Metoprolol Succinate and Accupril drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Betadine and Foetal Exposure During Pregnancy - 11 seconds ago
- Carbidopa, Levodopa And Entacapone and Ambien Cr drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Vitamin B2 and Tretinoin drug interaction - 27 seconds ago
- Colcrys and Methadone Hydrochloride drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Prednisone and Sertraline drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Methylprednisolone and Optic Ischaemic Neuropathy - 51 seconds ago
- Fortamet and Yaz drug interaction - 53 seconds ago