Fish oil and Polycythaemia vera - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Polycythaemia vera is found among people who take Fish oil, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Fish oil and have Polycythaemia vera. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 97,245 people who have side effects when taking Fish oil from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
97,245 people reported to have side effects when taking Fish oil.
Among them, 6 people (0.01%) have Polycythaemia vera.
What is Fish oil?
Fish oil has active ingredients of fish oil. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 99,959 Fish oil users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Polycythaemia vera?
Polycythaemia vera (blood disorder in which the bone marrow makes too many red blood cells) is found to be associated with 394 drugs and 176 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Fish oil and Polycythaemia vera reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Polycythaemia vera when taking Fish oil *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Polycythaemia vera when taking Fish oil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 50 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 25 %
- 60+: 25 %
Common drugs people take besides Fish oil *:
- Lidoderm: 3 people, 50.00%
- Actos: 2 people, 33.33%
- Seroquel: 2 people, 33.33%
- Lortab: 2 people, 33.33%
- Ativan: 2 people, 33.33%
- Atenolol: 2 people, 33.33%
- Metformin: 2 people, 33.33%
- Risperdal: 2 people, 33.33%
- Singulair: 2 people, 33.33%
- Soma: 2 people, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Polycythaemia vera *:
- Wrist Fracture: 2 people, 33.33%
- Intervertebral Disc Degeneration (spinal disc degeneration): 2 people, 33.33%
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (disorder that causes extreme fatigue): 2 people, 33.33%
- Injury: 2 people, 33.33%
- Fall: 2 people, 33.33%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 2 people, 33.33%
- Ventricular Extrasystoles (premature cardiac contraction): 2 people, 33.33%
- Intervertebral Disc Disorder (spinal disc disorder): 1 person, 16.67%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 16.67%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 16.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 3 people, 50.00%
- Multiple Allergies (allergy to multiple agents): 3 people, 50.00%
- Affective Disorder (mental disorder): 2 people, 33.33%
- Arthropathy: 2 people, 33.33%
- Asthma: 2 people, 33.33%
- Back Pain: 2 people, 33.33%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 2 people, 33.33%
- Neck Pain: 2 people, 33.33%
- Depression: 2 people, 33.33%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Fish oil and have Polycythaemia vera?Check whether Polycythaemia vera is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Polycythaemia vera and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of fish oil:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Fish oil:
- Fish oil (99,959 reports)
Common Fish oil side effects:
Browse all side effects of Fish oil:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Polycythaemia vera treatments and more:
- Polycythaemia vera (14,840 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Polycythaemia vera:
- Polycythaemia vera in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Polycythaemia vera in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Polycythaemia vera in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Polycythaemia vera:
- Polycythaemia vera (394 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Polycythaemia vera:
- Polycythaemia vera (176 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on fish oil (the active ingredients of Fish oil) and Fish oil (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Cinnamon and Remeron drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Asacol Hd and Clarinex drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Combipatch and Effexor drug interaction - 34 seconds ago
- Versed and Clonus - a minute ago
- Sickle Cell Anemia and Osteolysis - a minute ago
- Methocarbamol and Gralise drug interaction - a minute ago
- Baby Aspirin and Kidney Stones - a minute ago
- Muscle Aches and Nausea And Vomiting - 2 minutes ago
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride and Ergocalciferol drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Valtrex and Omeprazole Magnesium drug interaction - 2 minutes ago