Fish oil and Weakness - from FDA reports
Weakness is found among people who take Fish oil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Weakness with Fish oil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 53,936 people who have side effects when taking Fish oil from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
53,936 people reported to have side effects when taking Fish oil.
Among them, 2,922 people (5.42%) have Weakness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Fish oil when people have Weakness *:
- < 1 month: 25.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 12.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 12.5 %
- 2 - 5 years: 25.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 25.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Weakness when taking Fish oil *:
- female: 62.93 %
- male: 37.07 %
Age of people who have Weakness when taking Fish oil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.09 %
- 10-19: 0.26 %
- 20-29: 1.79 %
- 30-39: 3.45 %
- 40-49: 8.05 %
- 50-59: 19.24 %
- 60+: 67.13 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 332 people, 11.36%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 255 people, 8.73%
- Pain: 218 people, 7.46%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 182 people, 6.23%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 158 people, 5.41%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin: 495 people, 16.94%
- Vitamin D: 403 people, 13.79%
- Vitamin D3: 290 people, 9.92%
- Calcium: 285 people, 9.75%
- Lipitor: 273 people, 9.34%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 981 people, 33.57%
- Dizziness: 604 people, 20.67%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 570 people, 19.51%
- Pain: 449 people, 15.37%
- Breathing Difficulty: 441 people, 15.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Fish oil and have Weakness?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Weakness
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Fish oil has active ingredients of fish oil. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Fish oil 56,018 users)
Weakness has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 303,652 Weakness patients).
Drugs that are associated with WeaknessWeakness (4,231 drugs)
Could your condition cause WeaknessWeakness (5,064 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsWeakness and drugs with ingredients of fish oil. (3,315 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeWeakness and Fish oil from FDA and eHealthMe reports (2,944 reports)
Fish oil side effects
- Fish oil side effects (53,958 reports)
Browse all side effects of Fish oila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Fish Oil and have Weakness
- Support group for people who have Weakness
- Support group for people who take Fish Oil
Can you answer these questions
- I have been recently given a diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis. I had an atypical presentation with muscle pains in my thighs and later on wrist swelling. No joint pains or stiffness. Probably very early still. I am taking low dose steroids and MTX. The muscle pains improved but I developed...
- I am asking if others find this problem a norm? I am supposedly in the age group that has the most probable chance for this problem at 71. Of course the other provkem is the price of eliquis. First month was $409.55 This New Year.
- Hello, I started takin fish oil about a month ago and have noticed an increase in joint and muscles aches and over the past couple days, burning or pricking sensation in my skin, especially my hands. Almost like I have splinters. Has anyone experienced this??
- Can folic acid cause increase of fibroid and harm to a patient with ovarian cancer
- Aggravated Muscle weakness that keeps me up at night, could be the drugs. insomnia, anxiety in the morning, OCD.
You may be interested in these posts
- I’ve been taking Xarelto for 6 weeks and finding increased muscle pain, weakness in my arms, shoulder, elbow and now wrist. Left arm much worse than right. Anyone have similar symptoms? I’m female 58 y/o.
- Had the Mirena fitted 6 months ago and haven’t been feeling right since!
- I have been taking Vascepa and Lipitor and the ringing in my ears is so bad!
- After several mRI's and cat scans to check for MS it turns out to be side effects from the glipizide or at least were hoping. Ive stopped taking Glipized for 5 days now and seem to be able to walk a little longer but not far before the weakness intrudes on my legs I sit with muscle spasms, the...
- I have been so tired, weak and shaky while beginning my half dose of Chantix. I’m kinda afraid to graduate to the full dose!
- Cyclosporine and Nplate drug interaction
- Will you have Brain Tumor - Adults with Lisinopril?
- Will you have Herpes Zoster Iridocyclitis with Xuan Shen?
- Will you have Brain Stem Haemorrhage with Viagra?
- Will you have Burning Mouth Syndrome with Moringa?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Cyclosporine and Nplate
- Support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Brain Tumor - Adults?
- Support group for people who take Xuan Shen and have Herpes Zoster Iridocyclitis?
- Support group for people who take Viagra and have Brain Stem Haemorrhage?
- Support group for people who take Moringa and have Burning Mouth Syndrome?
- What to expect when you take Cyclosporine and Nplate
- What to expect when you take Lisinopril and have Brain Tumor - Adults?
- What to expect when you take Xuan Shen and have Herpes Zoster Iridocyclitis?
- What to expect when you take Viagra and have Brain Stem Haemorrhage?
- What to expect when you take Moringa and have Burning Mouth Syndrome?
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Hydrocortisone, Calcium
- A study for a 61 year old woman who takes Toprol-xl
- A study for a 52 year old man who takes Augmentin, Benzonatate
- A study for a 56 year old man who takes Lorazepam, Xanax
- A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Methadone Hydrochloride Intensol, Miralax, Colace, Neurontin
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.