Flagyl and Device failure - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Device failure is found among people who take Flagyl, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Flagyl and have Device failure. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 22,836 people who have side effects when taking Flagyl from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
22,836 people reported to have side effects when taking Flagyl.
Among them, 49 people (0.21%) have Device failure.
What is Flagyl?
Flagyl has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial. eHealthMe is studying from 23,968 Flagyl users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Device failure?
Device failure is found to be associated with 1,197 drugs and 681 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Flagyl and Device failure reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Device failure when taking Flagyl *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Device failure when taking Flagyl *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 14.29 %
- 30-39: 6.12 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 51.02 %
- 60+: 28.57 %
Common drugs people take besides Flagyl *:
- Zometa: 38 people, 77.55%
- Peridex: 33 people, 67.35%
- Prednisone: 33 people, 67.35%
- Aredia: 32 people, 65.31%
- Flexeril: 29 people, 59.18%
- Ambien: 29 people, 59.18%
- Percocet: 29 people, 59.18%
- Rocephin: 29 people, 59.18%
- Ceftin: 28 people, 57.14%
- Asacol: 28 people, 57.14%
Common side effects people have besides Device failure *:
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 37 people, 75.51%
- Pain: 37 people, 75.51%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 36 people, 73.47%
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 36 people, 73.47%
- Swelling: 35 people, 71.43%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 35 people, 71.43%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 33 people, 67.35%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 32 people, 65.31%
- Bone Disorder: 31 people, 63.27%
- Osteitis (a general term for inflammation of bone): 31 people, 63.27%
Common conditions people have *:
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 23 people, 46.94%
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue): 22 people, 44.90%
- Birth Control: 7 people, 14.29%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 6 people, 12.24%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 5 people, 10.20%
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 2 people, 4.08%
- Transient Ischaemic Attack (a transient episode of neurologic dysfunction caused by ischemia (loss of blood flow)): 1 person, 2.04%
- Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding: 1 person, 2.04%
- Asthma: 1 person, 2.04%
- Breathing Difficulty: 1 person, 2.04%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Flagyl and have Device failure?Check whether Device failure is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Device failure and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of metronidazole:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Flagyl:
- Flagyl (23,968 reports)
Common Flagyl side effects:
Browse all side effects of Flagyl:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Device failure treatments and more:
- Device failure (14,341 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Device failure:
- Device failure in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Device failure in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Device failure in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Device failure:
All the drugs that are associated with Device failure:
- Device failure (1,197 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Device failure:
All the conditions that are associated with Device failure:
- Device failure (681 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metronidazole (the active ingredients of Flagyl) and Flagyl (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Aspirin and Emotional Distress - 2 seconds ago
- Diflunisal and Urticaria Aggravated - 3 seconds ago
- Deferasirox and Diflucan drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Beconase Aq and Simvastatin drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Aspirin and Staphylococcal Sepsis - 7 seconds ago
- Maxzide and Rib Fracture - 9 seconds ago
- Zerit and Abortion Missed - 10 seconds ago
- Dyazide and Flatulence - 10 seconds ago
- Uceris and Lomotil drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Singulair and Varenicline Tartrate drug interaction - 23 seconds ago