Flagyl and Urticaria pigmentosa - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Urticaria pigmentosa is found among people who take Flagyl, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Flagyl and have Urticaria pigmentosa. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 22,836 people who have side effects when taking Flagyl from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
22,836 people reported to have side effects when taking Flagyl.
Among them, 7 people (0.03%) have Urticaria pigmentosa.
What is Flagyl?
Flagyl has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial. eHealthMe is studying from 23,970 Flagyl users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Urticaria pigmentosa?
Urticaria pigmentosa (skin disease that produces patches of darker skin (lesions) and very bad itching) is found to be associated with 413 drugs and 192 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Flagyl and Urticaria pigmentosa reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Urticaria pigmentosa when taking Flagyl *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Urticaria pigmentosa when taking Flagyl *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 100 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Flagyl *:
- Zyrtec: 7 people, 100.00%
- Lyrica: 7 people, 100.00%
- Aciphex: 7 people, 100.00%
- Aredia: 7 people, 100.00%
- Atarax: 7 people, 100.00%
- Ativan: 7 people, 100.00%
- Carafate: 7 people, 100.00%
- Dilaudid: 7 people, 100.00%
- Diovan: 7 people, 100.00%
- Elavil: 7 people, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Urticaria pigmentosa *:
- Hiatal Hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm): 7 people, 100.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 7 people, 100.00%
- Fungal Infection: 7 people, 100.00%
- Gingival Erythema (redness of gums): 7 people, 100.00%
- Gingival Oedema (swelling of gums): 7 people, 100.00%
- Gingival Pain (gum pain): 7 people, 100.00%
- Gingival Ulceration (ulcer on gums): 7 people, 100.00%
- Gingivitis (inflammation of gums): 7 people, 100.00%
- Haemangioma (noncancerous, abnormally dense collections of dilated small blood vessels that may occur in the skin or internal organs): 7 people, 100.00%
- Haemorrhage (bleeding): 7 people, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 7 people, 100.00%
- Skin Ulcer: 3 people, 42.86%
- Diabetes: 3 people, 42.86%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Flagyl and have Urticaria pigmentosa?Check whether Urticaria pigmentosa is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Urticaria pigmentosa and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of metronidazole:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Flagyl:
- Flagyl (23,970 reports)
Common Flagyl side effects:
Browse all side effects of Flagyl:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Urticaria pigmentosa treatments and more:
- Urticaria pigmentosa (1,004 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Urticaria pigmentosa:
- Urticaria pigmentosa in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Urticaria pigmentosa in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Urticaria pigmentosa in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Urticaria pigmentosa:
- Urticaria pigmentosa (413 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Urticaria pigmentosa:
- Urticaria pigmentosa (192 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metronidazole (the active ingredients of Flagyl) and Flagyl (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Amlodipine Besylate and Sweating Increased - 4 seconds ago
- Metformin and Neutropenic Sepsis - 7 seconds ago
- Focalin Xr and Januvia drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Xenical vs. Glucophage - 10 seconds ago
- Uceris and Fatigue Aggravated - 20 seconds ago
- Enbrel and Sinus Congestion - 24 seconds ago
- B12 vs. Adderall - 27 seconds ago
- Metolazone and Gastric Cancer - 33 seconds ago
- Nitrostat and Paxil drug interaction - 37 seconds ago
- Lotensin and Dizziness - 41 seconds ago