Flecainide acetate and Muscle spasticity - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Muscle spasticity is reported only by a few people who take Flecainide Acetate.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Flecainide acetate and have Muscle spasticity. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,832 people who have side effects while taking Flecainide acetate from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
5,832 people reported to have side effects when taking Flecainide acetate.
Among them, 5 people (0.09%) have Muscle spasticity.
What is Flecainide acetate?
Flecainide acetate has active ingredients of flecainide acetate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. eHealthMe is studying from 6,781 Flecainide acetate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Muscle spasticity?
Muscle spasticity (tight or stiff muscles and an inability to control those muscles) is found to be associated with 1,419 drugs and 640 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Flecainide acetate and Muscle spasticity reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Muscle spasticity when taking Flecainide acetate *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Muscle spasticity when taking Flecainide acetate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 50 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 50 %
Common drugs people take besides Flecainide acetate *:
- Acetaminophen: 2 people, 40.00%
- Sufentanil Citrate: 2 people, 40.00%
- Midazolam: 2 people, 40.00%
- Flumazenil: 2 people, 40.00%
- Diazepam: 2 people, 40.00%
- Bisoprolol Fumarate: 2 people, 40.00%
- Alcohol: 2 people, 40.00%
- Cimzia: 1 person, 20.00%
- Coreg: 1 person, 20.00%
- Lunesta: 1 person, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Muscle spasticity *:
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 2 people, 40.00%
- Electrocardiogram Qt Prolonged: 2 people, 40.00%
- Pain In Extremity: 2 people, 40.00%
- Memory Loss: 2 people, 40.00%
- Respiratory Acidosis (respiratory failure or ventilatory failure, causes the ph of blood and other bodily fluids to decrease): 2 people, 40.00%
- Diarrhea: 2 people, 40.00%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 2 people, 40.00%
- Bundle Branch Block Right (absence of transmission of electric impulses from the atrioventricular (av) bundle of his to the right ventricle): 2 people, 40.00%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 2 people, 40.00%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 2 people, 40.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Sedation: 2 people, 40.00%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 20.00%
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (reoccurrence of an inflammatory disease in which the insulating covers of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord are damaged): 1 person, 20.00%
- Progressive Multiple Sclerosis (chronic autoimmune disease of the central nervous system in which gradual destruction of myelin occurs in patches throughout the brain or spinal cord): 1 person, 20.00%
- Paraparesis (partial paralysis of the lower limbs): 1 person, 20.00%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 1 person, 20.00%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 1 person, 20.00%
- Mitral Valve Prolapse (heart's mitral valve doesn't work well): 1 person, 20.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 20.00%
- Diarrhea: 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Flecainide acetate and have Muscle spasticity?Check whether Muscle spasticity is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Muscle spasticity and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of flecainide acetate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Flecainide acetate:
- Flecainide acetate (6,781 reports)
Common Flecainide acetate side effects:
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 523 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 310 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 309 reports
- Dizziness: 306 reports
- Weakness: 298 reports
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 250 reports
Browse all side effects of Flecainide acetate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Muscle spasticity treatments and more:
- Muscle spasticity (37,927 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Muscle spasticity:
- Muscle spasticity in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Muscle spasticity in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Muscle spasticity in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Muscle spasticity:
- Baclofen: 3,011 reports
- Lioresal: 2,864 reports
- Tysabri: 1,716 reports
- Ibu: 1,225 reports
- Ibuprofen: 1,079 reports
- Profen: 1,079 reports
- Avonex: 960 reports
- Pantoprazole: 952 reports
- Gilenya: 921 reports
- Prednisone: 867 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Muscle spasticity:
- Muscle spasticity (1,419 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Muscle spasticity:
- Multiple sclerosis: 4,751 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 733 reports
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: 645 reports
- Pain: 537 reports
- High blood pressure: 491 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Muscle spasticity:
- Muscle spasticity (640 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on flecainide acetate (the active ingredients of Flecainide acetate) and Flecainide acetate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Nizoral and Xenical drug interaction - now
- Novorapid and Ear Congestion - 5 seconds ago
- Prilosec and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease - 7 seconds ago
- Dexmethylphenidate Hydrochloride and Esomeprazole Magnesium drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Cialis and Ascites - 17 seconds ago
- Hydramine and Diarrhea Aggravated - 21 seconds ago
- Diclofenac and Infected Cyst - 28 seconds ago
- Catapres and Insulin-Requiring Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus - 35 seconds ago
- Azathioprine Sodium and Codeine drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Velcade and Maternal Exposure During Pregnancy - 38 seconds ago