Flexeril and Dystonia - from FDA reports
Dystonia is found among people who take Flexeril, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old also take medication Metoclopramide, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Dystonia with Flexeril. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 24,193 people who have side effects when taking Flexeril from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 21, 2017
24,193 people reported to have side effects when taking Flexeril.
Among them, 45 people (0.19%) have Dystonia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dystonia when taking Flexeril *:
- female: 92.86 %
- male: 7.14 %
Age of people who have Dystonia when taking Flexeril *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 23.33 %
- 30-39: 6.67 %
- 40-49: 36.67 %
- 50-59: 23.33 %
- 60+: 10.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (6 people, 13.33%)
- Headache (5 people, 11.11%)
- Nausea (4 people, 8.89%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (4 people, 8.89%)
- Indigestion (3 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Metoclopramide (18 people, 40.00%)
- Zofran (11 people, 24.44%)
- Neurontin (11 people, 24.44%)
- Vicodin (10 people, 22.22%)
- Ultram (9 people, 20.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Tardive Dyskinesia (22 people, 48.89%)
- Extrapyramidal Disorder (20 people, 44.44%)
- Nausea (19 people, 42.22%)
- Weakness (15 people, 33.33%)
- Stress And Anxiety (15 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Dystonia when taking Flexeril?
- Check symptoms - is dystonia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDystonia and drugs with ingredients of cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDystonia and Flexeril from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Flexeril has active ingredients of cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from Flexeril 27,239 users)
Dystonia (abnormal muscle tone) has been reported by people with indigestion, abdominal distension, depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia (latest reports from 18,406 Dystonia patients).
Browse all side effects of Flexerila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DystoniaDystonia
Could your condition cause DystoniaDystonia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
In the study were the two medications taken together at the same time (were they swallowed together?) or were they alternated. For example, did the subjects actually swallow the two pills together or were they alternated having the Flexeril taken and then 4 hours later the Norflex was taken?
I was diagnosed with Cervical Dystonia in 2007 - the same year I started using Mirena. Have had two inserts in the last 10 years. Getting ready to have new insert put in. Just curious if anyone thinks by Dystonia could be caused by Mirena.
Any guesses on what I have? Drs are stumped. I have long thoracic neuropathy which causes paralysis and of muscles under scapula and shoulder, but I also have, ringing in ears, scalp pain and nerve pain in face, severe muscle tightening which creates pain in neck and shoulders, and an Inability ...
Hey guys. I recently developed chest pain with every heart beat after taking Flexeril. I was wondering how long this will last. It has already been three days. Any comments would be much appreciated!!! Thanks in advance! Edit: It has been almost two weeks now and I am still having chest ...