Flexeril and Hypothyroidism - from FDA reports
Hypothyroidism is found among people who take Flexeril, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 10+ years, also take medication Synthroid, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Hypothyroidism with Flexeril. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 24,193 people who have side effects when taking Flexeril from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 23, 2017
24,193 people reported to have side effects when taking Flexeril.
Among them, 191 people (0.79%) have Hypothyroidism
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Flexeril when people have Hypothyroidism *:
- < 1 month: 18.18 %
- 1 - 6 months: 9.09 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 72.73 %
Gender of people who have Hypothyroidism when taking Flexeril *:
- female: 87.3 %
- male: 12.7 %
Age of people who have Hypothyroidism when taking Flexeril *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.36 %
- 30-39: 3.4 %
- 40-49: 31.97 %
- 50-59: 38.1 %
- 60+: 25.17 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (37 people, 19.37%)
- Osteoporosis (20 people, 10.47%)
- High Blood Pressure (19 people, 9.95%)
- Stress And Anxiety (14 people, 7.33%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (14 people, 7.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Synthroid (71 people, 37.17%)
- Neurontin (52 people, 27.23%)
- Nexium (45 people, 23.56%)
- Vioxx (43 people, 22.51%)
- Lasix (40 people, 20.94%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (60 people, 31.41%)
- Depression (60 people, 31.41%)
- High Blood Pressure (54 people, 28.27%)
- Osteoarthritis (52 people, 27.23%)
- Nausea (49 people, 25.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Hypothyroidism when taking Flexeril?
- Check symptoms - is hypothyroidism caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHypothyroidism and drugs with ingredients of cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHypothyroidism and Flexeril from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Flexeril has active ingredients of cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from Flexeril 27,239 users)
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, hypothyroidism, osteopenia, depression (latest reports from 85,739 Hypothyroidism patients).
Browse all side effects of Flexerila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HypothyroidismHypothyroidism
Could your condition cause HypothyroidismHypothyroidism
What would happen?
Questions to the study
In the study were the two medications taken together at the same time (were they swallowed together?) or were they alternated. For example, did the subjects actually swallow the two pills together or were they alternated having the Flexeril taken and then 4 hours later the Norflex was taken?
User posts to the study
I was diagnosed with autoimmune hyperthyroidism 9 months ago and have just had a basal skin carcinoma removed from my forehead. I've also had symptoms of what the medical profession have thought was food intollerence symptoms which have vanished with only 25mcg thyroxine daily. I also gave ...