Flolan and Cytolytic hepatitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Cytolytic hepatitis is found among people who take Flolan, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Flolan and have Cytolytic hepatitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,447 people who have side effects when taking Flolan from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
9,447 people reported to have side effects when taking Flolan.
Among them, 6 people (0.06%) have Cytolytic hepatitis.
What is Flolan?
Flolan has active ingredients of epoprostenol sodium. eHealthMe is studying from 9,470 Flolan users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Cytolytic hepatitis?
Cytolytic hepatitis (dissolution or destruction of a liver cell) is found to be associated with 951 drugs and 896 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Flolan and Cytolytic hepatitis reports submitted per year:
Time on Flolan when people have Cytolytic hepatitis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Cytolytic hepatitis when taking Flolan *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Cytolytic hepatitis when taking Flolan *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 100 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Flolan *:
- Tracleer: 5 people, 83.33%
- Levothyroxine Sodium: 3 people, 50.00%
- Lasix: 3 people, 50.00%
- Coumadin: 2 people, 33.33%
- Vinorelbine: 1 person, 16.67%
- Samsca: 1 person, 16.67%
- Ambrisentan: 1 person, 16.67%
- Allegra: 1 person, 16.67%
- Afinitor: 1 person, 16.67%
- Adcirca: 1 person, 16.67%
Common side effects people have besides Cytolytic hepatitis *:
- Hepatic Congestion (liver congestion): 2 people, 33.33%
- Cholestasis (a condition where bile cannot flow from the liver to the duodenum): 2 people, 33.33%
- Visceral Congestion (blocking of internal organs of the body): 1 person, 16.67%
- Computerised Tomogram Abnormal: 1 person, 16.67%
- Biliary Cirrhosis (biliary cirrhosis occurs due to obstruction to the flow of bile through bile ducts either within the liver or outside the liver): 1 person, 16.67%
- Biliary Cirrhosis Primary (primary biliary cirrhosis (pbc) is a long-term liver disease that damages the small bile ducts in the liver. the build-up of bile damages the liver): 1 person, 16.67%
- Blood Alkaline Phosphatase Increased: 1 person, 16.67%
- Breathing Difficulty: 1 person, 16.67%
- Cardiac Failure: 1 person, 16.67%
- Coughing Up Blood: 1 person, 16.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pulmonary Hypertension (increase in blood pressure in the lung artery): 6 people, 100.00%
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 1 person, 16.67%
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Flolan and have Cytolytic hepatitis?Check whether Cytolytic hepatitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Cytolytic hepatitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of epoprostenol sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Flolan:
- Flolan (9,470 reports)
Common Flolan side effects:
Browse all side effects of Flolan:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Cytolytic hepatitis treatments and more:
- Cytolytic hepatitis (5,631 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Cytolytic hepatitis:
- Cytolytic hepatitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Cytolytic hepatitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Cytolytic hepatitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Cytolytic hepatitis:
All the drugs that are associated with Cytolytic hepatitis:
- Cytolytic hepatitis (951 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Cytolytic hepatitis:
All the conditions that are associated with Cytolytic hepatitis:
- Cytolytic hepatitis (896 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on epoprostenol sodium (the active ingredients of Flolan) and Flolan (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Triphasil-28 and Pupillary Reflex Impaired - 2 seconds ago
- Zoledronic Acid and Dyspnea At Rest - 3 seconds ago
- Ethambutol Hydrochloride and Rash Erythematous - 3 seconds ago
- Probiotics and Clindamycin Phosphate And Benzoyl Peroxide drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Duac and Jaundice - Yellow Skin - 7 seconds ago
- Pegasys and Premature Rupture Of Membranes - 8 seconds ago
- Depakene and Tracleer drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Bystolic and Nitro-Dur drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Ziac and Oruvail drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Vitamin D and Chest Wall Abscess - 15 seconds ago