Flomax and Jaw cyst - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Jaw cyst is found among people who take Flomax, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Flomax and have Jaw cyst. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 46,826 people who have side effects when taking Flomax from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
46,826 people reported to have side effects when taking Flomax.
Among them, 13 people (0.03%) have Jaw cyst.
What is Flomax?
Flomax has active ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. eHealthMe is studying from 49,085 Flomax users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Jaw cyst?
Jaw cyst (air or fluid filled sac of jaw) is found to be associated with 341 drugs and 215 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Flomax and Jaw cyst reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Jaw cyst when taking Flomax *:
- female: 9.09 %
- male: 90.91 %
Age of people who have Jaw cyst when taking Flomax *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 9.09 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 90.91 %
Common drugs people take besides Flomax *:
- Zometa: 12 people, 92.31%
- Metrogel: 12 people, 92.31%
- Ambien: 12 people, 92.31%
- Aredia: 12 people, 92.31%
- Avodart: 12 people, 92.31%
- Calcitriol: 12 people, 92.31%
- Casodex: 12 people, 92.31%
- Celebrex: 12 people, 92.31%
- Fosamax: 12 people, 92.31%
- Halcion: 12 people, 92.31%
Common side effects people have besides Jaw cyst *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 13 people, 100.00%
- Pain In Jaw: 13 people, 100.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 13 people, 100.00%
- Wound Dehiscence (a surgical incision reopens either internally or externally): 12 people, 92.31%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 12 people, 92.31%
- Gingival Erythema (redness of gums): 12 people, 92.31%
- Gingival Oedema (swelling of gums): 12 people, 92.31%
- Groin Pain: 12 people, 92.31%
- Gums - Swollen: 12 people, 92.31%
- Hiatal Hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm): 12 people, 92.31%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hypogonadism (reduction or absence of hormone secretion or other physiological activity of the gonads (testes or ovaries)): 12 people, 92.31%
- Gynecomastia (enlargement of the gland tissue of the male breast): 12 people, 92.31%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 10 people, 76.92%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Flomax and have Jaw cyst?Check whether Jaw cyst is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Jaw cyst and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Flomax:
- Flomax (49,085 reports)
Common Flomax side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,892 reports
- Weakness: 3,172 reports
- Drug ineffective: 3,088 reports
- Dizziness: 3,049 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 2,574 reports
- Diarrhea: 2,552 reports
- Pain: 2,398 reports
Browse all side effects of Flomax:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Jaw cyst treatments and more:
- Jaw cyst (337 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Jaw cyst:
- Jaw cyst in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Jaw cyst in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Jaw cyst in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Jaw cyst:
- Fosamax: 146 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Jaw cyst:
- Jaw cyst (341 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Jaw cyst:
- Jaw cyst (215 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on tamsulosin hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Flomax) and Flomax (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Bladder Spasm and Migraine - 3 seconds ago
- Truvada and Metformin drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Dovonex and Amitiza drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Butterbur vs. Magnesium Citrate - 13 seconds ago
- Avandamet and Traumatic Brain Injury - 19 seconds ago
- Lamisil and Restoril drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Lisinopril vs. Ibu - 21 seconds ago
- Vagifem and Nipple Pain - 34 seconds ago
- Dexamethasone and Urine Output Increased - 35 seconds ago
- Loraz and Slo-Niacin drug interaction - 35 seconds ago