Flomax and Stasis dermatitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Stasis dermatitis is found among people who take Flomax, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Flomax and have Stasis dermatitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 46,826 people who have side effects when taking Flomax from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
46,826 people reported to have side effects when taking Flomax.
Among them, 24 people (0.05%) have Stasis dermatitis.
What is Flomax?
Flomax has active ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. eHealthMe is studying from 49,035 Flomax users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Stasis dermatitis?
Stasis dermatitis (skin inflammation caused by blood pooling in the veins in your legs) is found to be associated with 609 drugs and 308 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Flomax and Stasis dermatitis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Stasis dermatitis when taking Flomax *:
- female: 8.33 %
- male: 91.67 %
Age of people who have Stasis dermatitis when taking Flomax *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 5.26 %
- 60+: 94.74 %
Common drugs people take besides Flomax *:
- Prevacid: 20 people, 83.33%
- Prednisone: 20 people, 83.33%
- Coumadin: 20 people, 83.33%
- Avodart: 17 people, 70.83%
- Prilosec: 16 people, 66.67%
- Claritin: 16 people, 66.67%
- Decadron: 16 people, 66.67%
- Prochlorperazine Maleate: 15 people, 62.50%
- Pamidronate Disodium: 15 people, 62.50%
- Revlimid: 15 people, 62.50%
Common side effects people have besides Stasis dermatitis *:
- Pain: 21 people, 87.50%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 20 people, 83.33%
- Weakness: 18 people, 75.00%
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage (bleeding gastrointestinal tract): 18 people, 75.00%
- Pneumonia: 17 people, 70.83%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 16 people, 66.67%
- High Blood Pressure: 16 people, 66.67%
- Kyphosis (a condition of over-curvature of the thoracic vertebrae (upper back)): 15 people, 62.50%
- Impaired Healing: 15 people, 62.50%
- Impaired Work Ability: 15 people, 62.50%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 15 people, 62.50%
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging Brain: 5 people, 20.83%
- Renal Failure Chronic (long lasting kidney dysfunction): 2 people, 8.33%
- Pulmonary Hypertension (increase in blood pressure in the lung artery): 1 person, 4.17%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 1 person, 4.17%
- Gastric Cancer (stomach cancer): 1 person, 4.17%
- Eczema (patches of skin become rough and inflamed, with itching and bleeding blisters): 1 person, 4.17%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Flomax and have Stasis dermatitis?Check whether Stasis dermatitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Stasis dermatitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Flomax:
- Flomax (49,035 reports)
Common Flomax side effects:
Browse all side effects of Flomax:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Stasis dermatitis treatments and more:
- Stasis dermatitis (926 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Stasis dermatitis:
- Stasis dermatitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Stasis dermatitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Stasis dermatitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Stasis dermatitis:
All the drugs that are associated with Stasis dermatitis:
- Stasis dermatitis (609 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Stasis dermatitis:
- Osteoporosis: 115 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Stasis dermatitis:
- Stasis dermatitis (308 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on tamsulosin hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Flomax) and Flomax (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Fish Oil and Diabetes Mellitus Non-Insulin-Dependent - 6 seconds ago
- Fish Oil and Type 2 Diabetes - 6 seconds ago
- Acetylsalicylic Acid and Pain In Extremity - 12 seconds ago
- Lisinopril and Azotaemia - 16 seconds ago
- Loratadine and Baby Aspirin drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Climara and Pneumonia - 19 seconds ago
- Potassium Chloride and Istodax drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Appetite - Increased and drugs of ingredients of belimumab - 32 seconds ago
- Sulfasalazine and Upper Limb Fracture - 36 seconds ago
- Humira and Gastrointestinal Inflammation - 38 seconds ago