Floxin and Dry mouth - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dry mouth is found among people who take Floxin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Floxin and have Dry mouth. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,699 people who have side effects when taking Floxin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
1,699 people reported to have side effects when taking Floxin.
Among them, 17 people (1.0%) have Dry mouth.
What is Floxin?
Floxin has active ingredients of ofloxacin. eHealthMe is studying from 1,712 Floxin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dry mouth?
Dry mouth is found to be associated with 2,788 drugs and 2,362 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Floxin and Dry mouth reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dry mouth when taking Floxin *:
- female: 56.25 %
- male: 43.75 %
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Floxin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 6.25 %
- 30-39: 12.5 %
- 40-49: 31.25 %
- 50-59: 6.25 %
- 60+: 43.75 %
Common drugs people take besides Floxin *:
- Xanax: 4 people, 23.53%
- Prilosec: 3 people, 17.65%
- Zithromax: 3 people, 17.65%
- Neurontin: 3 people, 17.65%
- Guaifenesin: 2 people, 11.76%
- Clonidine: 2 people, 11.76%
- Luvox: 2 people, 11.76%
- Meclizine: 2 people, 11.76%
- Cephalexin: 2 people, 11.76%
- Medrol: 2 people, 11.76%
Common side effects people have besides Dry mouth *:
- Chest Pain: 8 people, 47.06%
- Joint Pain: 7 people, 41.18%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 6 people, 35.29%
- Headache (pain in head): 6 people, 35.29%
- Pain: 6 people, 35.29%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 5 people, 29.41%
- Abdominal Pain Upper: 5 people, 29.41%
- Muscle Aches (muscle pain): 5 people, 29.41%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 5 people, 29.41%
- Swallowing Difficulty: 5 people, 29.41%
Common conditions people have *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 17.65%
- Panic Disorder: 3 people, 17.65%
- Chronic Thyroiditis (long lasting inflammation of thyroid gland): 3 people, 17.65%
- Thyroid Diseases: 2 people, 11.76%
- Pain: 2 people, 11.76%
- Facial Nerve Disorder (disease of face nerve): 2 people, 11.76%
- Trismus (reduced opening of the jaws): 1 person, 5.88%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 1 person, 5.88%
- Kidney Infection: 1 person, 5.88%
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 1 person, 5.88%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Floxin and have Dry mouth?Check whether Dry mouth is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Floxin:
- Floxin (1,712 reports)
Dry mouth treatments and more:
- Dry mouth (79,752 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dry mouth:
- Dry mouth in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dry mouth in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dry mouth in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Dry mouth and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ofloxacin:
- Dry mouth and drugs with ingredients of ofloxacin (29 reports)
Common drugs associated with Dry mouth:
All the drugs that are associated with Dry mouth:
- Dry mouth (2,788 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Dry mouth:
All the conditions that are associated with Dry mouth:
- Dry mouth (2,362 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ofloxacin (the active ingredients of Floxin) and Floxin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.