Floxin and Hyperlipidaemia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hyperlipidaemia is found among people who take Floxin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Floxin and have Hyperlipidaemia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,710 people who have side effects when taking Floxin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,710 people reported to have side effects when taking Floxin.
Among them, 22 people (1.29%) have Hyperlipidaemia.
What is Floxin?
Floxin has active ingredients of ofloxacin. eHealthMe is studying from 1,723 Floxin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hyperlipidaemia?
Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood) is found to be associated with 2,070 drugs and 1,377 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Floxin and Hyperlipidaemia reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hyperlipidaemia when taking Floxin *:
- female: 86.36 %
- male: 13.64 %
Age of people who have Hyperlipidaemia when taking Floxin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 30 %
- 40-49: 40 %
- 50-59: 10 %
- 60+: 20 %
Common drugs people take besides Floxin *:
- Zocor: 12 people, 54.55%
- Gabapentin: 11 people, 50.00%
- Lantus: 10 people, 45.45%
- Omnicef: 10 people, 45.45%
- Avelox: 10 people, 45.45%
- Lisinopril: 10 people, 45.45%
- Metoclopramide: 9 people, 40.91%
- Risperdal: 9 people, 40.91%
- Seroquel: 9 people, 40.91%
- Ambien: 9 people, 40.91%
Common side effects people have besides Hyperlipidaemia *:
- Dizziness: 18 people, 81.82%
- Weakness: 16 people, 72.73%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 16 people, 72.73%
- Abdominal Pain: 14 people, 63.64%
- Headache (pain in head): 14 people, 63.64%
- Cardiac Murmur (an heart sound in valve abnormality): 14 people, 63.64%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 11 people, 50.00%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 10 people, 45.45%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 10 people, 45.45%
- Breathing Difficulty: 10 people, 45.45%
Common conditions people have *:
- Depression: 9 people, 40.91%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 9 people, 40.91%
- Hallucination, Auditory (perceiving sounds without auditory stimulus): 8 people, 36.36%
- Eczema (patches of skin become rough and inflamed, with itching and bleeding blisters): 6 people, 27.27%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 1 person, 4.55%
- Hypersensitivity: 1 person, 4.55%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 4.55%
- Erection Problems: 1 person, 4.55%
- Dizziness: 1 person, 4.55%
- Diabetic Neuropathy (neuropathic disorders that are associated with diabetes mellitus): 1 person, 4.55%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Floxin and have Hyperlipidaemia?Check whether Hyperlipidaemia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Hyperlipidaemia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ofloxacin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Floxin:
- Floxin (1,723 reports)
Common Floxin side effects:
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 183 reports
- Pain: 174 reports
- Weakness: 161 reports
- Joint pain: 114 reports
- Confusion: 110 reports
- Muscle aches (muscle pain): 104 reports
- Chest pain: 101 reports
Browse all side effects of Floxin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hyperlipidaemia treatments and more:
- Hyperlipidaemia (78,900 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hyperlipidaemia:
- Hyperlipidaemia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hyperlipidaemia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hyperlipidaemia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hyperlipidaemia:
- Fosamax: 4,138 reports
- Vioxx: 3,036 reports
- Aspirin: 1,886 reports
- Lipitor: 1,636 reports
- Alendronate sodium: 1,375 reports
- Seroquel: 1,249 reports
- Zometa: 1,193 reports
- Prednisone: 1,123 reports
- Lisinopril: 1,103 reports
- Lasix: 1,006 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hyperlipidaemia:
- Hyperlipidaemia (2,070 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hyperlipidaemia:
- Osteoporosis: 3,440 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,264 reports
- Depression: 1,071 reports
- Pain: 768 reports
- Diabetes: 724 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hyperlipidaemia:
- Hyperlipidaemia (1,377 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ofloxacin (the active ingredients of Floxin) and Floxin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Volmax and Pain - 9 seconds ago
- Ceftazidime and Transaminases Increased - 20 seconds ago
- Flax and The Flu - 20 seconds ago
- Ramipril and Lung Cancer Metastatic - 22 seconds ago
- Xeljanz vs. Voltaren - 43 seconds ago
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and Cardiac Flutter - 44 seconds ago
- Novolin N vs. Amaryl - 47 seconds ago
- Amlodipine; Valsartan vs. Zetia - 48 seconds ago
- Klonopin and Combivent drug interaction - 54 seconds ago
- Febuxostat and Tramadol drug interaction - a minute ago