Fluconazole and Allergic rhinitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 65,159 people who have side effects when taking Fluconazole. Allergic rhinitis is found, especially among people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Lipitor and have Eczema.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Fluconazole and have Allergic rhinitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
65,159 people reported to have side effects when taking Fluconazole.
Among them, 73 people (0.11%) have Allergic rhinitis.
What is Fluconazole?
Fluconazole has active ingredients of fluconazole. It is used in vaginal yeast infection. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 66,338 Fluconazole users.
What is Allergic rhinitis?
Allergic rhinitis is found to be associated with 1,963 drugs and 1,250 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 19,306 people who have Allergic rhinitis.
Number of Fluconazole and Allergic rhinitis reports submitted per year:
Time on Fluconazole when people have Allergic rhinitis *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Allergic rhinitis when taking Fluconazole *:
- female: 61.11 %
- male: 38.89 %
Age of people who have Allergic rhinitis when taking Fluconazole *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 13.33 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 13.33 %
- 30-39: 28.33 %
- 40-49: 11.67 %
- 50-59: 8.33 %
- 60+: 25.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Fluconazole *:
- Prednisone: 31 people, 42.47%
- Lipitor: 31 people, 42.47%
- Allegra: 29 people, 39.73%
- Azithromycin: 29 people, 39.73%
- Albuterol: 27 people, 36.99%
- Prevacid: 26 people, 35.62%
- Elidel: 24 people, 32.88%
- Avelox: 22 people, 30.14%
- Flonase: 20 people, 27.40%
- Medrol: 19 people, 26.03%
Common side effects people have besides Allergic rhinitis *:
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 45 people, 61.64%
- Rashes (redness): 37 people, 50.68%
- Abdominal Pain: 36 people, 49.32%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 35 people, 47.95%
- Depression: 32 people, 43.84%
- Constipation: 31 people, 42.47%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 31 people, 42.47%
- Itching: 30 people, 41.10%
- Joint Pain: 30 people, 41.10%
- Cough: 29 people, 39.73%
Common conditions people have *:
- Eczema (patches of skin become rough and inflamed, with itching and bleeding blisters): 24 people, 32.88%
- Stress And Anxiety: 8 people, 10.96%
- Asthma: 6 people, 8.22%
- Birth Control: 6 people, 8.22%
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell)): 5 people, 6.85%
- Prostatic Disorder: 5 people, 6.85%
- Depression: 5 people, 6.85%
- Meningitis (inflammation of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord, known collectively as the meninges): 5 people, 6.85%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 4 people, 5.48%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 4 people, 5.48%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Fluconazole and have Allergic rhinitis?Check whether Allergic rhinitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Fluconazole side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Fluconazole side effects (66,338 reports)
Allergic rhinitis treatments and more:
- Allergic rhinitis (19,306 reports)
Common drugs associated with Allergic rhinitis:
- Prednisone: 1,156 reports
- Fosamax: 1,069 reports
- Vioxx: 591 reports
- Clonazepam: 529 reports
- Singulair: 515 reports
- Aspirin: 464 reports
- Nasonex: 425 reports
- Albuterol: 410 reports
- Lipitor: 356 reports
- Zometa: 349 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Allergic rhinitis:
- Allergic rhinitis (1,963 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Allergic rhinitis:
- Osteoporosis: 929 reports
- Asthma: 766 reports
- High blood pressure: 371 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 246 reports
- Depression: 199 reports
- Pain: 193 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Allergic rhinitis:
- Allergic rhinitis (1,250 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on fluconazole (the active ingredients of Fluconazole) and Fluconazole (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Trileptal and Diflucan drug interaction - now
- Meclizine and Breathing Difficulty - 5 seconds ago
- Ddavp and Inflectra drug interaction - a minute ago
- Minoxidil and Cytotec drug interaction - a minute ago
- Amoxicillin and Depression Aggravated - a minute ago
- Decadron and Joint Pain - a minute ago
- Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride and Keppra drug interaction - a minute ago
- Rituxan and Zoledronic Acid drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Wellbutrin and Activated Charcoal drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Azor and Allopurinol drug interaction - 3 minutes ago