Fluconazole and Thrombocytopenia - from FDA reports
Thrombocytopenia is found among people who take Fluconazole, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Acyclovir, and have Preventive health care. This review analyzes which people have Thrombocytopenia with Fluconazole. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 30,399 people who have side effects when taking Fluconazole from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 24, 2017
30,399 people reported to have side effects when taking Fluconazole.
Among them, 2,025 people (6.66%) have Thrombocytopenia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Fluconazole when people have Thrombocytopenia *:
- < 1 month: 71.6 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20.99 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.48 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.93 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Fluconazole *:
- female: 41.65 %
- male: 58.35 %
Age of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Fluconazole *:
- 0-1: 0.91 %
- 2-9: 1.6 %
- 10-19: 4.05 %
- 20-29: 3.99 %
- 30-39: 8.55 %
- 40-49: 12.99 %
- 50-59: 19.15 %
- 60+: 48.72 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care (271 people, 13.38%)
- Multiple Myeloma (232 people, 11.46%)
- Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (101 people, 4.99%)
- Pain (97 people, 4.79%)
- High Blood Pressure (76 people, 3.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Acyclovir (309 people, 15.26%)
- Dexamethasone (208 people, 10.27%)
- Omeprazole (200 people, 9.88%)
- Allopurinol (196 people, 9.68%)
- Furosemide (189 people, 9.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Anaemia (437 people, 21.58%)
- Agranulocytosis (404 people, 19.95%)
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased (346 people, 17.09%)
- Fever (342 people, 16.89%)
- Haemoglobin Decreased (308 people, 15.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Thrombocytopenia when taking Fluconazole?
- Check symptoms - is thrombocytopenia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsThrombocytopenia and drugs with ingredients of fluconazole.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeThrombocytopenia and Fluconazole from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Fluconazole has active ingredients of fluconazole. It is often used in vaginal yeast infection. (latest outcomes from Fluconazole 31,396 users)
Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, preventive health care, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 144,868 Thrombocytopenia patients).
Browse all side effects of Fluconazolea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ThrombocytopeniaThrombocytopenia
Could your condition cause ThrombocytopeniaThrombocytopenia
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Rasmy A, Rahal M, Kisana M, Ahmad S, Salah A, "Morphine induced thrombocytopenia: A case report", Journal of Case Reports and Images in Oncology, 2015 Dec .
- Onder H, Arsava EM, Arat A, Topcuoglu MA, "Acute middle cerebral artery occlusion treated by thrombectomy in a patient with myelodysplastic syndrome and severe thrombocytopenia", Journal of vascular and interventional neurology, 2015 Jan .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been taking modafinil since last two weeks and I had the history of thrombocytopenia. So I have a low platelet count now due to modafinil as previously it was cured. now if i discontinue the drug will the hypersensitivity go away?
User posts to the study
Hello, I am 62 yrs young. I was diagnosed with shingles 3 wks ago. It was a mild case with the rash. But I've had a very bad headache and feeling weak. It's not improving. Had blood work last week and My platelet count is down significantly from 6mos ago and my MD is having bloods redone ...