Fluorouracil and Agranulocytosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Agranulocytosis is found among people who take Fluorouracil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Fluorouracil and have Agranulocytosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 84,198 people who have side effects when taking Fluorouracil from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
84,198 people reported to have side effects when taking Fluorouracil.
Among them, 6,985 people (8.3%) have Agranulocytosis.
What is Fluorouracil?
Fluorouracil has active ingredients of fluorouracil. It is often used in colon cancer metastatic. eHealthMe is studying from 84,342 Fluorouracil users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Agranulocytosis?
Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection) is found to be associated with 3,280 drugs and 3,429 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Fluorouracil and Agranulocytosis reports submitted per year:
Time on Fluorouracil when people have Agranulocytosis *:
Gender of people who have Agranulocytosis when taking Fluorouracil*:
Age of people who have Agranulocytosis when taking Fluorouracil *:
Common drugs people take besides Fluorouracil *:
Common side effects people have besides Agranulocytosis *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Fluorouracil and have Agranulocytosis?Check whether Agranulocytosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Fasullo, S., Davì, S., Cosenza, G., Di Franco, F., La Manna, N., Giubilato, A., ... & Maringhini, G. , "Acute agranulocytosis after oral administration of dabigatran: a rare case report and a short review of literature", Journal of thrombosis and thrombolysis, 2018 Jan .
How severe was Agranulocytosis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of fluorouracil:
- Agranulocytosis and drugs with ingredients of fluorouracil (7,108 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Fluorouracil:
- Fluorouracil (84,342 reports)
Common Fluorouracil side effects:
- Diarrhea: 8,012 reports
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 6,985 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 4,881 reports
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 4,679 reports
- Fever: 4,562 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,898 reports
Browse all side effects of Fluorouracil:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Agranulocytosis treatments and more:
- Agranulocytosis (180,983 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Agranulocytosis:
- Agranulocytosis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Agranulocytosis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Agranulocytosis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Agranulocytosis:
- Clozapine: 15,427 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 10,824 reports
- Prednisone: 7,574 reports
- Methotrexate: 7,194 reports
- Carboplatin: 7,154 reports
- Fluorouracil: 6,985 reports
- Revlimid: 6,848 reports
- Cisplatin: 6,157 reports
- Dexamethasone: 5,854 reports
- Etoposide: 5,284 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Agranulocytosis:
- Agranulocytosis (3,280 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Agranulocytosis:
- Multiple myeloma: 9,913 reports
- Breast cancer: 5,558 reports
- High blood pressure: 5,100 reports
- Schizophrenia: 4,907 reports
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma: 3,585 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Agranulocytosis:
- Agranulocytosis (3,429 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on fluorouracil (the active ingredients of Fluorouracil) and Fluorouracil (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Losartan Potassium and Laryngeal Pain - 3 seconds ago
- Imodium Multi-Symptom Relief and Fainting - 3 seconds ago
- Probiotics and Injection Site Pruritus - 4 seconds ago
- Blopress vs. Metformin - 10 seconds ago
- Amoxicillin and Weight Loss - 14 seconds ago
- Cefdinir and Carisoprodol And Aspirin drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Fluoxetine Hydrochloride and Prostatic Calcification - 21 seconds ago
- Xanax and Rheumatoid Arthritis - 23 seconds ago
- Dolophine Hydrochloride vs. Valium - 24 seconds ago
- Pradaxa and Choledocholithiasis - 26 seconds ago