Fluorouracil and Pvt - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Pvt is found among people who take Fluorouracil, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Fluorouracil and have Pvt. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 84,198 people who have side effects when taking Fluorouracil from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
84,198 people reported to have side effects when taking Fluorouracil.
Among them, 121 people (0.14%) have Pvt.
What is Fluorouracil?
Fluorouracil has active ingredients of fluorouracil. It is often used in colon cancer metastatic. eHealthMe is studying from 91,572 Fluorouracil users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Pvt?
Pvt is found to be associated with 1,248 drugs and 712 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Fluorouracil and Pvt reports submitted per year:
Time on Fluorouracil when people have Pvt *:
Gender of people who have Pvt when taking Fluorouracil*:
Age of people who have Pvt when taking Fluorouracil *:
Common drugs people take besides Fluorouracil *:
Common side effects people have besides Pvt *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Fluorouracil and have Pvt?Check whether Pvt is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Pvt and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of fluorouracil:
- Pvt and drugs with ingredients of fluorouracil (83 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Fluorouracil:
- Fluorouracil (91,572 reports)
Common Fluorouracil side effects:
- Diarrhea: 8,554 reports
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 7,382 reports
- Indigestion: 4,881 reports
- Fever: 4,835 reports
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 4,679 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,898 reports
Browse all side effects of Fluorouracil:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Pvt treatments and more:
- Pvt (4,674 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Pvt:
- Pvt in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Pvt in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Pvt in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Pvt:
- Yasmin: 161 reports
- Omeprazole: 153 reports
- Prednisone: 150 reports
- Furosemide: 147 reports
- Tacrolimus: 138 reports
- Spironolactone: 137 reports
- Yaz: 137 reports
- Aspirin: 122 reports
- Ribavirin: 121 reports
- Fluorouracil: 121 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Pvt:
- Pvt (1,248 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Pvt:
- Birth control: 170 reports
- Hepatitis c: 156 reports
- High blood pressure: 151 reports
- Hiv infection: 133 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Pvt:
- Pvt (712 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on fluorouracil (the active ingredients of Fluorouracil) and Fluorouracil (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Feldene and Haldol drug interaction - a second ago
- Paclitaxel and Diffuse Interstitial Lung Disease - 4 seconds ago
- Bortezomib and Amiloride Hydrochloride drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Diffuse Interstitial Lung Disease and drugs of ingredients of cinacalcet hydrochloride - 9 seconds ago
- Humira and Gingival Infection - 9 seconds ago
- Mesnex and Dyspnea Exacerbated - 23 seconds ago
- Retrovir and Hallucination, Auditory - 27 seconds ago
- Defitelio and Stenotrophomonas Infection - 27 seconds ago
- Zoloft and Synthroid drug interaction - 29 seconds ago
- Acetaminophen And Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Heart Palpitations - 32 seconds ago