Fluoxetine and Shingles - from FDA reports
Shingles is found among people who take Fluoxetine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Gabapentin, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Shingles with Fluoxetine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 44,716 people who have side effects when taking Fluoxetine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 08, 2017
44,716 people reported to have side effects when taking Fluoxetine.
Among them, 86 people (0.19%) have Shingles
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Fluoxetine when people have Shingles *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 50 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Shingles when taking Fluoxetine *:
- female: 79.76 %
- male: 20.24 %
Age of people who have Shingles when taking Fluoxetine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.39 %
- 20-29: 4.17 %
- 30-39: 6.94 %
- 40-49: 16.67 %
- 50-59: 23.61 %
- 60+: 47.22 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (11 people, 12.79%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (9 people, 10.47%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (8 people, 9.30%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (5 people, 5.81%)
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (4 people, 4.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Gabapentin (25 people, 29.07%)
- Furosemide (21 people, 24.42%)
- Prednisone (20 people, 23.26%)
- Prozac (19 people, 22.09%)
- Lasix (19 people, 22.09%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fall (26 people, 30.23%)
- Back Pain (23 people, 26.74%)
- Pain (22 people, 25.58%)
- Pain In Extremity (21 people, 24.42%)
- Insomnia (21 people, 24.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Shingles when taking Fluoxetine?
- Check symptoms - is shingles caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsShingles and drugs with ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeShingles and Fluoxetine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Fluoxetine has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Fluoxetine 47,969 users)
Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, multiple myeloma, crohn's disease (latest reports from 40,545 Shingles patients).
Browse all side effects of Fluoxetinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ShinglesShingles
Could your condition cause ShinglesShingles
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I am a 69 yr. Old Female!!Have been taking flonase for 5 or 6 yrs.Broke out in shingles a yr. Ago..Have had 3 breakouts since..The last 2 breakouts were in less than a month of each other!!! Curious if it could possibly be a side effect from the flonase..am not taking any other medications!!
I have recently been diagnosed with cranial herpes zoster. During the prodromal stage, before the lesions became evident I experienced pain I my back where I had pain the last time I had shingles on my back and breast area. I also started having bladder pain. It feels like someone is ...