Folic acid and Adenomyosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Adenomyosis is found among people who take Folic acid, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Folic acid and have Adenomyosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 122,665 people who have side effects when taking Folic acid from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
122,665 people reported to have side effects when taking Folic acid.
Among them, 9 people (0.01%) have Adenomyosis.
What is Folic acid?
Folic acid has active ingredients of folic acid. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 125,022 Folic acid users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Adenomyosis?
Adenomyosis (presence of ectopic glandular tissue found in muscle) is found to be associated with 509 drugs and 238 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Folic acid and Adenomyosis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Adenomyosis when taking Folic acid *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Adenomyosis when taking Folic acid *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 33.33 %
- 40-49: 50.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 16.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Folic acid *:
- Methotrexate: 5 people, 55.56%
- Humira: 5 people, 55.56%
- Amlodipine: 3 people, 33.33%
- Clonazepam: 3 people, 33.33%
- Prednisolone: 3 people, 33.33%
- Paracetamol: 2 people, 22.22%
- Benzonatate: 2 people, 22.22%
- Carboplatin: 2 people, 22.22%
- Cefadroxil: 2 people, 22.22%
- Cisplatin: 2 people, 22.22%
Common side effects people have besides Adenomyosis *:
- Endometriosis (appearance of endometrial tissue outside the uterus and causing pelvic pain): 3 people, 33.33%
- Cervicitis (inflammation of the uterine cervix): 3 people, 33.33%
- Abdominal Pain: 2 people, 22.22%
- Muscle Disorder (muscle disease): 2 people, 22.22%
- Pelvic Neoplasm (tumours or cancer of the pelvic region): 2 people, 22.22%
- Flank Pain (a distressing sensation experienced around the lower back and the upper abdomen): 2 people, 22.22%
- Chills (felling of cold): 2 people, 22.22%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 2 people, 22.22%
- Nephritis (inflammation of the nephrons in the kidneys): 2 people, 22.22%
- Vaginal Infection: 2 people, 22.22%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 2 people, 22.22%
- Foetal Malformation (birth defect abnormal or anomalous formation or structure): 2 people, 22.22%
- Birth Control: 2 people, 22.22%
- Swelling: 1 person, 11.11%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 11.11%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 11.11%
- Depression: 1 person, 11.11%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Folic acid and have Adenomyosis?Check whether Adenomyosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Adenomyosis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of folic acid:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Folic acid:
- Folic acid (125,022 reports)
Common Folic acid side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 9,736 reports
- Pain: 9,552 reports
- Drug ineffective: 8,663 reports
- Joint pain: 7,943 reports
- Rashes (redness): 7,091 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 7,009 reports
- Fever: 6,222 reports
- Diarrhea: 6,202 reports
Browse all side effects of Folic acid:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Adenomyosis treatments and more:
- Adenomyosis (1,047 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Adenomyosis:
- Adenomyosis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Adenomyosis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Adenomyosis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Adenomyosis:
- Adenomyosis (509 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Adenomyosis:
- Adenomyosis (238 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on folic acid (the active ingredients of Folic acid) and Folic acid (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Azelastine Hydrochloride and Lecithin drug interaction - a second ago
- Actos and Multiple Drug Overdose Intentional - 6 seconds ago
- Konakion and Diverticulum Intestinal - 6 seconds ago
- Zyrtec and Ocular Vascular Disorder - 6 seconds ago
- Folic Acid and Adenomyosis - 7 seconds ago
- Indomethacin and Pleurisy - 7 seconds ago
- Bifido and Loss Of Consciousness - 13 seconds ago
- Codeine and Strabismus - 14 seconds ago
- Hexabrix and Hemianopia Homonymous - 19 seconds ago
- Apixaban and Jantoven drug interaction - 36 seconds ago