Folic acid and Diarrhea - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Diarrhea is found among people who take Folic acid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Folic acid and have Diarrhea. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 122,665 people who have side effects when taking Folic acid from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
122,665 people reported to have side effects when taking Folic acid.
Among them, 5,645 people (4.6%) have Diarrhea.
What is Folic acid?
Folic acid has active ingredients of folic acid. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 125,068 Folic acid users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Diarrhea?
Diarrhea is found to be associated with 4,974 drugs and 5,600 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Folic acid and Diarrhea reports submitted per year:
Time on Folic acid when people have Diarrhea *:
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Folic acid*:
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Folic acid *:
Common drugs people take besides Folic acid *:
Common side effects people have besides Diarrhea *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Folic acid and have Diarrhea?Check whether Diarrhea is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Diarrhea and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of folic acid:
- Diarrhea and drugs with ingredients of folic acid (6,261 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Folic acid:
- Folic acid (125,068 reports)
Common Folic acid side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 9,736 reports
- Pain: 9,552 reports
- Drug ineffective: 8,663 reports
- Joint pain: 7,930 reports
- Rashes (redness): 7,091 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 7,009 reports
- Fever: 6,222 reports
- Diarrhea: 6,202 reports
Browse all side effects of Folic acid:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Diarrhea treatments and more:
- Diarrhea (635,928 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Diarrhea:
- Diarrhea in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Diarrhea in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Diarrhea in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Diarrhea:
- Prednisone: 31,577 reports
- Aspirin: 28,546 reports
- Humira: 27,396 reports
- Revlimid: 27,180 reports
- Metformin: 25,489 reports
- Otezla: 24,088 reports
- Methotrexate: 22,500 reports
- Omeprazole: 20,827 reports
- Lisinopril: 16,978 reports
- Amlodipine: 16,563 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Diarrhea:
- Diarrhea (4,974 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Diarrhea:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 30,768 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 27,552 reports
- High blood pressure: 26,538 reports
- Crohn's disease: 23,353 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 22,186 reports
- Psoriasis: 21,876 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Diarrhea:
- Diarrhea (5,600 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on folic acid (the active ingredients of Folic acid) and Folic acid (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Serzone and Nicorette drug interaction - a second ago
- Hormone Replacement Therapy and Hair Color Changes - 4 seconds ago
- Fluvastatin vs. Amlodipine Besylate - 21 seconds ago
- Dexamethasone and Boniva drug interaction - 44 seconds ago
- Zofran Odt and Mycostatin drug interaction - 54 seconds ago
- Levofloxacin and Erection Problems - a minute ago
- Innopran Xl and Tapazole drug interaction - a minute ago
- Palonosetron Hydrochloride and Boniva drug interaction - a minute ago
- Leuprolide Acetate and Clopidogrel drug interaction - a minute ago
- Mycophenolate Mofetil and Vith Nerve Paralysis - 2 minutes ago