Folic acid and Fever - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 122,665 people who have side effects when taking Folic acid. Fever is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take Methotrexate and have High blood pressure.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Folic acid and have Fever. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
122,665 people reported to have side effects when taking Folic acid.
Among them, 6,222 people (5.07%) have Fever.
What is Folic acid?
Folic acid has active ingredients of folic acid. It is used in rheumatoid arthritis. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 149,135 Folic acid users.
What is Fever?
Fever is found to be associated with 4,928 drugs and 6,043 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 472,335 people who have Fever.
Number of Folic acid and Fever reports submitted per year:
Time on Folic acid when people have Fever *:
Gender of people who have Fever when taking Folic acid*:
Age of people who have Fever when taking Folic acid *:
Common drugs people take besides Folic acid *:
Common side effects people have besides Fever *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Folic acid and have Fever?Check whether Fever is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Schiller D, Maieron A, Sch?fl R, Donnerer J, "Drug fever due to a single dose of pantoprazole", Pharmacology, 2015 Jan .
Folic acid side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Folic acid side effects (149,135 reports)
Fever treatments and more:
- Fever (472,335 reports)
Common drugs associated with Fever:
- Prednisone: 26,713 reports
- Methotrexate: 20,661 reports
- Humira: 18,277 reports
- Enbrel: 13,289 reports
- Aspirin: 12,477 reports
- Omeprazole: 11,534 reports
- Tylenol: 11,340 reports
- Prednisolone: 10,764 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 9,920 reports
- Pantoprazole: 9,677 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Fever:
- Fever (4,928 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Fever:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 25,712 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 17,600 reports
- High blood pressure: 14,574 reports
- Crohn's disease: 10,827 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 10,715 reports
- Pain: 10,593 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Fever:
- Fever (6,043 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on folic acid (the active ingredients of Folic acid) and Folic acid (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Glucotrol and Fall - a second ago
- Spiriva and Rayaldee drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Habitrol and Selenium drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Itraconazole and Mephyton drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Spiriva and Dermotic drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Piperacillin and Post Procedural Haemorrhage - 24 seconds ago
- Irbesartan And Hydrochlorothiazide and Tamiflu drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Clarithromycin and Duoneb drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Meloxicam and Feeling Cold - 41 seconds ago
- Gemzar and E-Mycin drug interaction - 44 seconds ago