Folic acid and Sarcoidosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Sarcoidosis is found among people who take Folic acid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Folic acid and have Sarcoidosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 122,665 people who have side effects when taking Folic acid from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
122,665 people reported to have side effects when taking Folic acid.
Among them, 88 people (0.07%) have Sarcoidosis.
What is Folic acid?
Folic acid has active ingredients of folic acid. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 124,919 Folic acid users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Sarcoidosis?
Sarcoidosis (an inflammatory disease that affects multiple organs in the body, but mostly the lungs and lymph glands) is found to be associated with 1,070 drugs and 570 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Folic acid and Sarcoidosis reports submitted per year:
Time on Folic acid when people have Sarcoidosis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 50 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 50 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Sarcoidosis when taking Folic acid *:
- female: 83.53 %
- male: 16.47 %
Age of people who have Sarcoidosis when taking Folic acid *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.94 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 16.18 %
- 40-49: 22.06 %
- 50-59: 29.41 %
- 60+: 29.41 %
Common drugs people take besides Folic acid *:
- Methotrexate: 61 people, 69.32%
- Prednisone: 32 people, 36.36%
- Prilosec: 20 people, 22.73%
- Vioxx: 17 people, 19.32%
- Humira: 17 people, 19.32%
- Metoclopramide: 16 people, 18.18%
- Coumadin: 16 people, 18.18%
- Neurontin: 16 people, 18.18%
- Flexeril: 15 people, 17.05%
- Ativan: 15 people, 17.05%
Common side effects people have besides Sarcoidosis *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 29 people, 32.95%
- Headache (pain in head): 28 people, 31.82%
- Pain: 22 people, 25.00%
- Fever: 21 people, 23.86%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 21 people, 23.86%
- Joint Pain: 20 people, 22.73%
- High Blood Pressure: 19 people, 21.59%
- Stress And Anxiety: 18 people, 20.45%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 18 people, 20.45%
- Breathing Difficulty: 17 people, 19.32%
Common conditions people have *:
- Depression: 15 people, 17.05%
- Sleep Disorder: 14 people, 15.91%
- Mood Swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood): 13 people, 14.77%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 13 people, 14.77%
- Pain: 11 people, 12.50%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 10 people, 11.36%
- Breathing Difficulty: 9 people, 10.23%
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: 9 people, 10.23%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 5 people, 5.68%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 4 people, 4.55%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Folic acid and have Sarcoidosis?Check whether Sarcoidosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- ?UPANI? KRMEK DU, BRAJKOVI? I, BEKI? D, KRNI? A, JURKOVI? P, PAVLOVI? T, "CALCIFIED DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS IN A PATIENT WITH RECURRENT DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS AND SARCOIDOSIS", Acta Medica Croatica, 2014 Mar .
- Khedr YA, Khedr AH, "Sarcoidosis patient: an unexpected reaction to carbonic anhydrase enzyme inhibitor", BMJ case reports, 2013 Jul .
- Kang SM, Baek JY, Hwangbo B, Kim HY, Lee GK, Lee HS, "A case of capecitabine-induced sarcoidosis", Tuberculosis and respiratory diseases, 2012 Mar .
How severe was Sarcoidosis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of folic acid:
- Sarcoidosis and drugs with ingredients of folic acid (96 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Folic acid:
- Folic acid (124,919 reports)
Common Folic acid side effects:
Browse all side effects of Folic acid:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Sarcoidosis treatments and more:
- Sarcoidosis (9,938 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Sarcoidosis:
- Sarcoidosis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Sarcoidosis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Sarcoidosis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Sarcoidosis:
All the drugs that are associated with Sarcoidosis:
- Sarcoidosis (1,070 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Sarcoidosis:
All the conditions that are associated with Sarcoidosis:
- Sarcoidosis (570 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on folic acid (the active ingredients of Folic acid) and Folic acid (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Neuropathy Peripheral and High Blood Pressure - 21 seconds ago
- Methylcobalamin and Montelukast Sodium drug interaction - 27 seconds ago
- Abdominal Pain Aggravated and Blood Glucose Decreased - 28 seconds ago
- Eyelid Twitch and drugs of ingredients of trazodone hydrochloride - a minute ago
- Accupril vs. Calan - a minute ago
- Cabazitaxel and Haematotoxicity - a minute ago
- Eyelid Twitch in Trazodone Hydrochloride, how severe and when it was recovered? - a minute ago
- N-Acetylcysteine and Leukopenia - a minute ago
- Advil and Liver Function Test Abnormal - a minute ago
- Methylcobalamin and Loperamide Hydrochloride drug interaction - a minute ago