Fortical and Insomnia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Insomnia is reported only by a few people who take Fortical.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Fortical and have Insomnia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 467 people who have side effects while taking Fortical from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
467 people reported to have side effects when taking Fortical.
Among them, 5 people (1.07%) have Insomnia.
What is Fortical?
Fortical has active ingredients of calcitonin salmon recombinant. eHealthMe is studying from 474 Fortical users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Insomnia?
Insomnia (sleeplessness) is found to be associated with 4,575 drugs and 4,874 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Fortical and Insomnia reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Insomnia when taking Fortical *:
- female: 80 %
- male: 20 %
Age of people who have Insomnia when taking Fortical *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 25 %
- 60+: 75 %
Common drugs people take besides Fortical *:
- Klor-Con: 4 people, 80.00%
- Benicar: 3 people, 60.00%
- Plavix: 3 people, 60.00%
- Fluoxetine: 3 people, 60.00%
- Flonase: 3 people, 60.00%
- Zyrtec: 3 people, 60.00%
- Folic Acid: 3 people, 60.00%
- Aspirin: 3 people, 60.00%
- Ambien: 3 people, 60.00%
- Albuterol: 3 people, 60.00%
Common side effects people have besides Insomnia *:
- High Blood Cholesterol: 3 people, 60.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 60.00%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 3 people, 60.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 60.00%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 3 people, 60.00%
- Nephropathy (damage to or disease of a kidney): 2 people, 40.00%
- Adnexa Uteri Cyst (ovarian cysts): 2 people, 40.00%
- Asthma: 2 people, 40.00%
- Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action): 2 people, 40.00%
- Crying: 2 people, 40.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Paroxysmal Nocturnal Haemoglobinuria (haemoglobin in the urine): 1 person, 20.00%
- Pain: 1 person, 20.00%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 1 person, 20.00%
- Impaired Gastric Emptying: 1 person, 20.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 20.00%
- Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body): 1 person, 20.00%
- Chest Pain: 1 person, 20.00%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Fortical and have Insomnia?Check whether Insomnia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Insomnia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of calcitonin salmon recombinant:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Fortical:
- Fortical (474 reports)
Insomnia treatments and more:
- Insomnia (387,529 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Insomnia:
- Insomnia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Insomnia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Insomnia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Insomnia:
All the drugs that are associated with Insomnia:
- Insomnia (4,575 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Insomnia:
All the conditions that are associated with Insomnia:
- Insomnia (4,874 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on calcitonin salmon recombinant (the active ingredients of Fortical) and Fortical (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lariam and Parkinson'S Disease - 2 seconds ago
- Zyrtec and Dramamine drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Glatopa and Potassium drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Anzemet and Paxil drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Abreva and Swelling Face - 38 seconds ago
- Detrol La and Photophobia - 40 seconds ago
- How effective is Sudafed 12 Hour for Sinusitis - Chronic? - 46 seconds ago
- How effective is Sudafed 12 Hour for Herpes Labialis (Oral Herpes Simplex)? - 46 seconds ago
- How effective is Sudafed 12 Hour for Allergic Rhinitis? - 46 seconds ago
- Metformin and Grief - 54 seconds ago