Fosamax and Cuts and puncture wounds - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Cuts and puncture wounds is found among people who take Fosamax, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Fosamax and have Cuts and puncture wounds. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 98,641 people who have side effects when taking Fosamax from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
98,641 people reported to have side effects when taking Fosamax.
Among them, 1,010 people (1.02%) have Cuts and puncture wounds.
What is Fosamax?
Fosamax has active ingredients of alendronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis. eHealthMe is studying from 99,649 Fosamax users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Cuts and puncture wounds?
Cuts and puncture wounds is found to be associated with 2,367 drugs and 1,868 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Fosamax and Cuts and puncture wounds reports submitted per year:
Time on Fosamax when people have Cuts and puncture wounds *:
Gender of people who have Cuts and puncture wounds when taking Fosamax*:
Age of people who have Cuts and puncture wounds when taking Fosamax *:
Common drugs people take besides Fosamax *:
Common side effects people have besides Cuts and puncture wounds *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Fosamax and have Cuts and puncture wounds?Check whether Cuts and puncture wounds is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Stuckey BG, Sallie R, "Alendronate-induced unmasking or deterioration of coeliac disease: a case series", Osteoporosis International, 2015 Jan .
- Lee WY, Sun LM, Lin MC, Liang JA, Chang SN, Sung FC, Muo CH, Kao CH, "A higher dosage of oral alendronate will increase the subsequent cancer risk of osteoporosis patients in Taiwan: a population-based cohort study", PloS one, 2012 Dec .
How severe was Cuts and puncture wounds and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of alendronate sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Fosamax:
- Fosamax (99,649 reports)
Common Fosamax side effects:
- Pain: 12,372 reports
- Joint pain: 10,835 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 10,750 reports
- High blood pressure: 10,439 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 9,609 reports
- Aseptic necrosis (the death of bone tissue due to a lack of blood supply): 9,374 reports
Browse all side effects of Fosamax:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Cuts and puncture wounds treatments and more:
- Cuts and puncture wounds (15,858 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Cuts and puncture wounds:
- Cuts and puncture wounds in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Cuts and puncture wounds in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Cuts and puncture wounds in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Cuts and puncture wounds:
- Enbrel: 1,450 reports
- Humira: 1,297 reports
- Aspirin: 1,056 reports
- Fosamax: 1,010 reports
- Prednisone: 962 reports
- Zometa: 681 reports
- Methotrexate: 681 reports
- Lisinopril: 541 reports
- Synthroid: 501 reports
- Coumadin: 499 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Cuts and puncture wounds:
- Cuts and puncture wounds (2,367 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Cuts and puncture wounds:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,852 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 1,105 reports
- Osteoporosis: 1,007 reports
- High blood pressure: 739 reports
- Pain: 644 reports
- Depression: 592 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Cuts and puncture wounds:
- Cuts and puncture wounds (1,868 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on alendronate sodium (the active ingredients of Fosamax) and Fosamax (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Allopurinol and Valacyclovir drug interaction - a second ago
- Escitalopram and Lansoprazole drug interaction - 34 seconds ago
- Nasal Polyps and drugs of ingredients of gabapentin - 40 seconds ago
- Yasmin and Xarelto drug interaction - 41 seconds ago
- Bendamustine Hydrochloride and Follicle Centre Lymphoma, Follicular Grade I, Ii, Iii Recurrent - 56 seconds ago
- Lamotrigine and Klor-Con M20 drug interaction - a minute ago
- Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter and Incontinence - a minute ago
- Metrocream and Toprol-Xl drug interaction - a minute ago
- Kenalog In Orabase and Hypersensitivity - a minute ago
- Divalproex Sodium and Sleep Disorder - a minute ago