Fosamax and Facial spasm - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Facial spasm is found among people who take Fosamax, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Fosamax and have Facial spasm. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 98,641 people who have side effects when taking Fosamax from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
98,641 people reported to have side effects when taking Fosamax.
Among them, 16 people (0.02%) have Facial spasm.
What is Fosamax?
Fosamax has active ingredients of alendronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis. eHealthMe is studying from 99,616 Fosamax users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Facial spasm?
Facial spasm (involuntary muscle contractions face) is found to be associated with 677 drugs and 473 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Fosamax and Facial spasm reports submitted per year:
Time on Fosamax when people have Facial spasm *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 20 %
- 5 - 10 years: 40 %
- 10+ years: 20 %
Gender of people who have Facial spasm when taking Fosamax *:
- female: 92.31 %
- male: 7.69 %
Age of people who have Facial spasm when taking Fosamax *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 42.86 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 14.29 %
- 60+: 42.86 %
Common drugs people take besides Fosamax *:
- Neoral: 7 people, 43.75%
- Enbrel: 7 people, 43.75%
- Boniva: 4 people, 25.00%
- Methotrexate Sodium: 2 people, 12.50%
- Fosamax Plus D: 2 people, 12.50%
- Actonel: 2 people, 12.50%
- Vitamins: 1 person, 6.25%
- Vectibix: 1 person, 6.25%
- Valtrex: 1 person, 6.25%
- Restasis: 1 person, 6.25%
Common side effects people have besides Facial spasm *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 9 people, 56.25%
- Migraine (headache): 9 people, 56.25%
- Depression: 9 people, 56.25%
- Joint Pain: 8 people, 50.00%
- Weakness: 7 people, 43.75%
- Sarcoidosis (an inflammatory disease that affects multiple organs in the body, but mostly the lungs and lymph glands): 7 people, 43.75%
- Hepatocellular Injury (liver injury): 7 people, 43.75%
- Hepatic Steatosis (fatty liver disease): 7 people, 43.75%
- Transaminases Increased: 7 people, 43.75%
- Eye Pain: 7 people, 43.75%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 7 people, 43.75%
- Bone Loss: 2 people, 12.50%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 6.25%
- Herpes Simplex (herpes simplex is a common viral infection): 1 person, 6.25%
- Dry Eyes (lack of adequate tears): 1 person, 6.25%
- Depression: 1 person, 6.25%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Fosamax and have Facial spasm?Check whether Facial spasm is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Stuckey BG, Sallie R, "Alendronate-induced unmasking or deterioration of coeliac disease: a case series", Osteoporosis International, 2015 Jan .
- Lee WY, Sun LM, Lin MC, Liang JA, Chang SN, Sung FC, Muo CH, Kao CH, "A higher dosage of oral alendronate will increase the subsequent cancer risk of osteoporosis patients in Taiwan: a population-based cohort study", PloS one, 2012 Dec .
How severe was Facial spasm and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of alendronate sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Fosamax:
- Fosamax (99,616 reports)
Common Fosamax side effects:
Browse all side effects of Fosamax:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Facial spasm treatments and more:
- Facial spasm (1,614 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Facial spasm:
- Facial spasm in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Facial spasm in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Facial spasm in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Facial spasm:
- Facial spasm (677 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Facial spasm:
All the conditions that are associated with Facial spasm:
- Facial spasm (473 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on alendronate sodium (the active ingredients of Fosamax) and Fosamax (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Oxycontin and Brain Stem Infarction - 11 seconds ago
- Aloxi and Fluconazole drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Duloxetine Hydrochloride and Colistimethate Sodium drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Cosentyx and Slow Response To Stimuli - 43 seconds ago
- Prednisone and Limb Injury - a minute ago
- Roxicet and Crying - a minute ago
- Desloratadine and Ranitidine drug interaction - a minute ago
- Imitrex and Cystitis Interstitial - a minute ago
- Astramorph Pf and Lasix drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Stavudine drug interaction - 2 minutes ago