Fosamax and Lung neoplasm - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 98,641 people who have side effects when taking Fosamax. Lung neoplasm is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take Alendronate sodium and have High blood pressure.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Fosamax and have Lung neoplasm. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
98,641 people reported to have side effects when taking Fosamax.
Among them, 777 people (0.79%) have Lung neoplasm.
What is Fosamax?
Fosamax has active ingredients of alendronate sodium. It is used in osteoporosis. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 103,235 Fosamax users.
What is Lung neoplasm?
Lung neoplasm (tumour of lung) is found to be associated with 1,436 drugs and 782 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 8,269 people who have Lung neoplasm.
Number of Fosamax and Lung neoplasm reports submitted per year:
Time on Fosamax when people have Lung neoplasm *:
Gender of people who have Lung neoplasm when taking Fosamax*:
Age of people who have Lung neoplasm when taking Fosamax *:
Common drugs people take besides Fosamax *:
Common side effects people have besides Lung neoplasm *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Fosamax and have Lung neoplasm?Check whether Lung neoplasm is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Stuckey BG, Sallie R, "Alendronate-induced unmasking or deterioration of coeliac disease: a case series", Osteoporosis International, 2015 Jan .
- Lee WY, Sun LM, Lin MC, Liang JA, Chang SN, Sung FC, Muo CH, Kao CH, "A higher dosage of oral alendronate will increase the subsequent cancer risk of osteoporosis patients in Taiwan: a population-based cohort study", PloS one, 2012 Dec .
Fosamax side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Fosamax side effects (103,235 reports)
Lung neoplasm treatments and more:
- Lung neoplasm (8,269 reports)
Common drugs associated with Lung neoplasm:
- Zometa: 943 reports
- Prednisone: 833 reports
- Fosamax: 777 reports
- Methotrexate: 609 reports
- Aspirin: 586 reports
- Aredia: 562 reports
- Humira: 478 reports
- Lasix: 386 reports
- Ambien: 379 reports
- Oxycontin: 369 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Lung neoplasm:
- Lung neoplasm (1,436 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Lung neoplasm:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 881 reports
- Osteoporosis: 759 reports
- High blood pressure: 360 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 246 reports
- Pain: 244 reports
- Breast cancer: 212 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Lung neoplasm:
- Lung neoplasm (782 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on alendronate sodium (the active ingredients of Fosamax) and Fosamax (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Amitriptyline Hydrochloride and Visual Disturbance - 17 seconds ago
- Warfarin Sodium and Drug Ineffective - 28 seconds ago
- Flexeril and External Ear Disorder - 29 seconds ago
- Zetia and Zolpidem drug interaction - 34 seconds ago
- Centrum Silver and Heart Rate Irregular - a minute ago
- Narcan and Geodon drug interaction - a minute ago
- Doxycycline Hyclate and Diovan drug interaction - a minute ago
- Diflucan and Ranexa drug interaction - a minute ago
- Chondroitin and Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia - 2 minutes ago
- Atovaquone and Valium drug interaction - 2 minutes ago