Fosamax and Normochromic normocytic anaemia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Normochromic normocytic anaemia is found among people who take Fosamax, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Fosamax and have Normochromic normocytic anaemia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 98,641 people who have side effects when taking Fosamax from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
98,641 people reported to have side effects when taking Fosamax.
Among them, 189 people (0.19%) have Normochromic normocytic anaemia.
What is Fosamax?
Fosamax has active ingredients of alendronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis. eHealthMe is studying from 99,625 Fosamax users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Normochromic normocytic anaemia?
Normochromic normocytic anaemia (forms of anaemia in which the average size and haemoglobin content of the red blood cells are within normal limits) is found to be associated with 1,100 drugs and 612 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Fosamax and Normochromic normocytic anaemia reports submitted per year:
Time on Fosamax when people have Normochromic normocytic anaemia *:
Gender of people who have Normochromic normocytic anaemia when taking Fosamax*:
Age of people who have Normochromic normocytic anaemia when taking Fosamax *:
Common drugs people take besides Fosamax *:
Common side effects people have besides Normochromic normocytic anaemia *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Fosamax and have Normochromic normocytic anaemia?Check whether Normochromic normocytic anaemia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Stuckey BG, Sallie R, "Alendronate-induced unmasking or deterioration of coeliac disease: a case series", Osteoporosis International, 2015 Jan .
- Lee WY, Sun LM, Lin MC, Liang JA, Chang SN, Sung FC, Muo CH, Kao CH, "A higher dosage of oral alendronate will increase the subsequent cancer risk of osteoporosis patients in Taiwan: a population-based cohort study", PloS one, 2012 Dec .
How severe was Normochromic normocytic anaemia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of alendronate sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Fosamax:
- Fosamax (99,625 reports)
Common Fosamax side effects:
- Pain: 12,372 reports
- Joint pain: 10,835 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 10,750 reports
- High blood pressure: 10,439 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 9,609 reports
- Aseptic necrosis (the death of bone tissue due to a lack of blood supply): 9,374 reports
Browse all side effects of Fosamax:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Normochromic normocytic anaemia treatments and more:
- Normochromic normocytic anaemia (4,034 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Normochromic normocytic anaemia:
- Normochromic normocytic anaemia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Normochromic normocytic anaemia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Normochromic normocytic anaemia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Normochromic normocytic anaemia:
- Prednisone: 387 reports
- Aspirin: 246 reports
- Furosemide: 229 reports
- Lasix: 191 reports
- Fosamax: 189 reports
- Metformin: 182 reports
- Omeprazole: 177 reports
- Simvastatin: 154 reports
- Vioxx: 147 reports
- Lisinopril: 143 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Normochromic normocytic anaemia:
- Normochromic normocytic anaemia (1,100 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Normochromic normocytic anaemia:
- High blood pressure: 328 reports
- Osteoporosis: 161 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 147 reports
- Depression: 139 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 136 reports
- Pain: 122 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Normochromic normocytic anaemia:
- Normochromic normocytic anaemia (612 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on alendronate sodium (the active ingredients of Fosamax) and Fosamax (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Busulfan and Acute Hepatic Failure - a second ago
- Mebeverine Hydrochloride and Stress And Anxiety - 2 seconds ago
- Mycelex and Flecainide Acetate drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Rash Erythematous and drugs of ingredients of ado-trastuzumab emtansine - 4 seconds ago
- Fosamax and Non-Hodgkin'S Lymphoma - 9 seconds ago
- Mircette and Oxycodone And Acetaminophen drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Iron Deficiency Anaemia and Decreased Activity - 13 seconds ago
- Keppra Xr and Abilify drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Cometriq and Vitamins drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Palladone and Hypoglycaemia Aggravated - 20 seconds ago