Fotivda and Hair loss - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hair loss is reported only by a few people who take Fotivda.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Fotivda and have Hair loss. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 715 people who have side effects while taking Fotivda from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
715 people reported to have side effects when taking Fotivda.
Among them, 3 people (0.42%) have Hair loss.
What is Fotivda?
Fotivda has active ingredients of tivozanib hydrochloride. eHealthMe is studying from 715 Fotivda users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hair loss?
Hair loss is found to be associated with 3,889 drugs and 3,358 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Fotivda and Hair loss reports submitted per year:
Time on Fotivda when people have Hair loss *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 100 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Fotivda *:
- Gabapentin: 3 people, 100.00%
- Compazine: 2 people, 66.67%
- Lexapro: 2 people, 66.67%
- Vitamin B12: 2 people, 66.67%
- Famotidine: 2 people, 66.67%
- Prednisone: 2 people, 66.67%
- Oxycontin: 2 people, 66.67%
- Folic Acid: 2 people, 66.67%
- Ibuprofen: 2 people, 66.67%
- Levothyroxine Sodium: 2 people, 66.67%
Common side effects people have besides Hair loss *:
- Nausea And Vomiting: 2 people, 66.67%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 66.67%
- Diarrhea: 2 people, 66.67%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 2 people, 66.67%
- Weight Decreased: 1 person, 33.33%
- Productive Cough: 1 person, 33.33%
- Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs): 1 person, 33.33%
- Oral Pain: 1 person, 33.33%
- Oral Mucosal Blistering (mouth ulcer): 1 person, 33.33%
- Itching: 1 person, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 3 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Fotivda and have Hair loss?Check whether Hair loss is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lindsey SF, Tosti A, "Hair loss induced by tumor necrosis factor alpha inhibitors", J Clin Investigat Dermatol, 2015 Jan .
How severe was Hair loss and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of tivozanib hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Fotivda:
- Fotivda (715 reports)
Common Fotivda side effects:
- Diarrhea: 110 reports
Browse all side effects of Fotivda:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hair loss treatments and more:
- Hair loss (238,701 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hair loss:
- Hair loss in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hair loss in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hair loss in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hair loss:
- Taxotere: 34,064 reports
- Docetaxel: 25,062 reports
- Methotrexate: 16,710 reports
- Humira: 14,833 reports
- Enbrel: 14,300 reports
- Prednisone: 13,908 reports
- Neosar: 11,976 reports
- Remicade: 10,226 reports
- Orencia: 9,671 reports
- Arava: 8,730 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hair loss:
- Hair loss (3,889 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hair loss:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 18,564 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 13,366 reports
- Breast cancer: 11,002 reports
- Chemotherapy: 8,910 reports
- High blood pressure: 5,484 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hair loss:
- Hair loss (3,358 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on tivozanib hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Fotivda) and Fotivda (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Metoclopramide Hydrochloride and Entresto drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Metoclopramide Hydrochloride and Enstilar drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Medrol and Non-Cardiogenic Pulmonary Oedema - 27 seconds ago
- Abdominal Pain Upper and Tongue Coated - 28 seconds ago
- Mirtazapine and Procedural Haemorrhage - 29 seconds ago
- Sulindac and Oesophageal Ulcer Haemorrhage - 40 seconds ago
- Nicorette and Haemorrhagic Diathesis - 54 seconds ago
- Nucynta and Hepatomegaly - 56 seconds ago
- Linzess and Potassium drug interaction - 57 seconds ago
- Ipratropium Bromide and Idiopathic Or Primary Livedo Reticularis - a minute ago