Fragmin and Respiratory acidosis - from FDA reports
Respiratory acidosis is found among people who take Fragmin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Preventive health care. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,532 people who have side effects when taking Fragmin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
7,532 people reported to have side effects when taking Fragmin.
Among them, 111 people (1.47%) have Respiratory acidosis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Fragmin when people have Respiratory acidosis *:
- < 1 month: 97.14 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Respiratory acidosis when taking Fragmin *:
- female: 48.08 %
- male: 51.92 %
Age of people who have Respiratory acidosis when taking Fragmin *:
- 0-1: 1.04 %
- 2-9: 7.29 %
- 10-19: 1.04 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Infection: 19 people, 17.12%
- Preventive Health Care: 19 people, 17.12%
- Pain: 13 people, 11.71%
- High Blood Pressure: 10 people, 9.01%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 10 people, 9.01%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix: 22 people, 19.82%
- Aspirin: 13 people, 11.71%
- Solu-Medrol: 12 people, 10.81%
- Morphine: 11 people, 9.91%
- Prednisolone: 11 people, 9.91%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pneumonia: 24 people, 21.62%
- Diarrhea: 14 people, 12.61%
- Blood Bilirubin Increased: 12 people, 10.81%
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 12 people, 10.81%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 11 people, 9.91%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Respiratory acidosis while taking Fragmin?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Respiratory acidosis
- Subscribe to monitor Respiratory acidosis in Fragmin
You are not alone:
Fragmin has active ingredients of dalteparin sodium. It is often used in deep venous thrombosis. (latest outcomes from Fragmin 7,623 users)
Respiratory acidosis (respiratory failure or ventilatory failure, causes the ph of blood and other bodily fluids to decrease) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, primary pulmonary hypertension, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 57,326 Respiratory acidosis patients).
Drugs that are associated with Respiratory acidosisRespiratory acidosis (2,554 drugs)
Could your condition cause Respiratory acidosisRespiratory acidosis (2,726 conditions)
Fragmin side effects
- Fragmin side effects (7,534 reports)
Browse all side effects of Fragmina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Loss Of Hearing with Lescol? - now
- Will you have Decreased Hearing with Lescol? - now
- Will you have Deafness with Lescol? - now
- Will you have Hearing Loss with Lescol? - now
- Will you have Skin - Clammy with Erythromycin? - now
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 43 year old man who takes Trazodone Hydrochloride - 9 minutes ago
- A study for a 33 year old man who takes Trazodone Hydrochloride - 11 minutes ago
- A study for a 53 year old man who takes Trazodone Hydrochloride - 16 minutes ago
- Prediction of Viagra for a 44 year old man - an hour ago
- A study for a 33 year old woman who takes Prozac, Zyprexa, Provigil, Abilify - an hour ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.