Gabapentin and Chapped lips - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Chapped lips is found among people who take Gabapentin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Gabapentin and have Chapped lips. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 264,649 people who have side effects when taking Gabapentin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
264,649 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin.
Among them, 71 people (0.03%) have Chapped lips.
What is Gabapentin?
Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. eHealthMe is studying from 273,380 Gabapentin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Chapped lips?
Chapped lips (cracking, fissuring, and peeling of the skin f lip) is found to be associated with 1,211 drugs and 824 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Gabapentin and Chapped lips reports submitted per year:
Time on Gabapentin when people have Chapped lips *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Chapped lips when taking Gabapentin *:
- female: 80.28 %
- male: 19.72 %
Age of people who have Chapped lips when taking Gabapentin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 4.92 %
- 20-29: 1.64 %
- 30-39: 1.64 %
- 40-49: 4.92 %
- 50-59: 8.2 %
- 60+: 78.69 %
Common drugs people take besides Gabapentin *:
- Oxycodone: 18 people, 25.35%
- Cosentyx: 17 people, 23.94%
- Quinine: 15 people, 21.13%
- Celebrex: 15 people, 21.13%
- Vitamin D: 11 people, 15.49%
- Clonazepam: 7 people, 9.86%
- Sulfasalazine: 7 people, 9.86%
- Prednisone: 7 people, 9.86%
- Methotrexate: 7 people, 9.86%
- Leflunomide: 7 people, 9.86%
Common side effects people have besides Chapped lips *:
- Headache (pain in head): 30 people, 42.25%
- Itching: 22 people, 30.99%
- Weight Decreased: 22 people, 30.99%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 20 people, 28.17%
- Hyperhidrosis (abnormally increased sweating): 20 people, 28.17%
- Head Injury: 20 people, 28.17%
- Burning Sensation: 20 people, 28.17%
- Lip Swelling: 19 people, 26.76%
- Memory Loss: 19 people, 26.76%
- Gait Disturbance: 19 people, 26.76%
Common conditions people have *:
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 17 people, 23.94%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 6 people, 8.45%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 6 people, 8.45%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 5 people, 7.04%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 4 people, 5.63%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 4 people, 5.63%
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 3 people, 4.23%
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 3 people, 4.23%
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 3 people, 4.23%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 3 people, 4.23%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Gabapentin and have Chapped lips?Check whether Chapped lips is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- de Landaluce, L. O., Carbonell, P., Asensio, C., Escoda, N., López, P., & Laporte, J. R. , "Gabapentin and Pregabalin and Risk of Atrial Fibrillation in the Elderly: A Population-Based Cohort Study in an Electronic Prescription Database", Drug safety, 2018 Jan .
- Scarff JR, "The Potential for Somnambulism Associated with Gabapentin", The Internet Journal of Psychiatry, 2014 Jan .
How severe was Chapped lips and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of gabapentin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Gabapentin:
- Gabapentin (273,380 reports)
Common Gabapentin side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 21,488 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 21,158 reports
- Pain: 17,075 reports
- Diarrhea: 14,241 reports
- Dizziness: 13,438 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 13,437 reports
Browse all side effects of Gabapentin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Chapped lips treatments and more:
- Chapped lips (4,709 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Chapped lips:
- Chapped lips in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Chapped lips in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Chapped lips in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Chapped lips:
- Accutane: 574 reports
- Aspirin: 158 reports
- Prednisone: 129 reports
- Amnesteem: 120 reports
- Humira: 116 reports
- Methotrexate: 109 reports
- Myorisan: 105 reports
- Abreva: 102 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Chapped lips:
- Chapped lips (1,211 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Chapped lips:
- Acne: 577 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 186 reports
- High blood pressure: 154 reports
- Hepatitis c: 120 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 109 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 108 reports
- Depression: 107 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Chapped lips:
- Chapped lips (824 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on gabapentin (the active ingredients of Gabapentin) and Gabapentin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Vitamin B12 and Levothyroxine Sodium drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Viagra and Macular Oedema - 5 seconds ago
- Palonosetron and Erythema Multiforme - 11 seconds ago
- Atenolol and Cisatracurium Besylate drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Amoxicillin and Electrocardiogram Qt Shortened - 23 seconds ago
- Acular and The Flu - 30 seconds ago
- Adcirca and Hair Loss - 37 seconds ago
- Omacor and Trigeminal Neuralgia - 42 seconds ago
- Codeine and Anger - 49 seconds ago
- Tongue Discoloration and drugs of ingredients of metoprolol succinate - a minute ago