Gabapentin and Deafness - from FDA reports
Deafness is found among people who take Gabapentin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Deafness with Gabapentin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 101,543 people who have side effects when taking Gabapentin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 19, 2017
101,543 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin.
Among them, 179 people (0.18%) have Deafness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Gabapentin when people have Deafness *:
- < 1 month: 83.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 16.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Deafness when taking Gabapentin *:
- female: 43.43 %
- male: 56.57 %
Age of people who have Deafness when taking Gabapentin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.07 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 6.21 %
- 40-49: 10.34 %
- 50-59: 20.69 %
- 60+: 60.69 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (36 people, 20.11%)
- Depression (23 people, 12.85%)
- Nausea (17 people, 9.50%)
- Prostate Cancer (14 people, 7.82%)
- Metastases To Bone (14 people, 7.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (70 people, 39.11%)
- Neurontin (44 people, 24.58%)
- Dexamethasone (42 people, 23.46%)
- Prednisone (40 people, 22.35%)
- Prilosec (38 people, 21.23%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (77 people, 43.02%)
- Neuropathy Peripheral (66 people, 36.87%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (59 people, 32.96%)
- Back Pain (54 people, 30.17%)
- Fatigue (52 people, 29.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Deafness when taking Gabapentin?
- Check symptoms - is deafness caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDeafness and drugs with ingredients of gabapentin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDeafness and Gabapentin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from Gabapentin 107,546 users)
Deafness has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 13,837 Deafness patients).
Browse all side effects of Gabapentina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DeafnessDeafness
Could your condition cause DeafnessDeafness
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hi, i wonder if you can help or at least offer a little advice? My partner was recently admitted to hospital and upon her discharge, she was prescribed Gabapentin, this was two weeks ago.. since taking Gabapentin for the last two weeks, my partner has changed, she is now very paranoid and also ...
my dds prescribed chlorhexidine gluconate for red and swollen gum. also said good for sore throat. After 2 months noticed hearing loss. went to an ent and was told to stop using immediately and do not use for gargle. it can migrate up eustachian tubes if gargled or swallowed causing damage ...
Is Gabapentin make you diarhea. I have that symtom . It is so seriously. What medication coould help me to stop it ? Even I take Lomotril It doesn't working . I always made it my pant . I'm so shame . I did talk to my primary doctor. He just gave me Lomotril . I need help ! ...
Hi, my name is Sabrina. I am 41 years old. I had a hysterectomy 7 years ago when my surgeon diagnosed me with possible adenomiosis. While inside she chose to remove a mass (scar tissue) from my abdominal area right above my pubic bone. She says it was from a past C-section. She said after ...