Gabapentin and Lipohypertrophy - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Lipohypertrophy is reported only by a few people who take Gabapentin.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Gabapentin and have Lipohypertrophy. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 264,649 people who have side effects while taking Gabapentin from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
264,649 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin.
Among them, 5 people (0.0%) have Lipohypertrophy.
What is Gabapentin?
Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. eHealthMe is studying from 273,137 Gabapentin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Lipohypertrophy?
Lipohypertrophy (a lump under the skin caused by accumulation of extra fat at the site of many subcutaneous injections of insulin) is found to be associated with 353 drugs and 159 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Gabapentin and Lipohypertrophy reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Lipohypertrophy when taking Gabapentin *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Lipohypertrophy when taking Gabapentin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 50 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 25 %
- 50-59: 25 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Gabapentin *:
- Vitamin D: 2 people, 40.00%
- Somavert: 2 people, 40.00%
- Sertraline: 2 people, 40.00%
- Nature-Throid: 2 people, 40.00%
- Biotin: 2 people, 40.00%
- Zocor: 1 person, 20.00%
- Symtuza: 1 person, 20.00%
- Rivaroxaban: 1 person, 20.00%
- Rebif: 1 person, 20.00%
- Metformin: 1 person, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Lipohypertrophy *:
- Drug Ineffective: 2 people, 40.00%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 2 people, 40.00%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 1 person, 20.00%
- Skin Burning Sensation: 1 person, 20.00%
- Asthenopia (eyestrain-tiredness of the eyes caused by prolonged close work by a person with an uncorrected vision problem): 1 person, 20.00%
- Back Pain: 1 person, 20.00%
- Confusional State: 1 person, 20.00%
- Eye Pain: 1 person, 20.00%
- Gait Disturbance: 1 person, 20.00%
- Injection Site Atrophy (injection site wasting or decreasing in size of a body organ, tissue, or part): 1 person, 20.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Thyroid Diseases: 2 people, 40.00%
- Blood Growth Hormone Increased: 2 people, 40.00%
- Acromegaly (body produces too much growth hormone, leading to excess growth of body tissues): 2 people, 40.00%
- Restless Leg Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs): 1 person, 20.00%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 1 person, 20.00%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Gabapentin and have Lipohypertrophy?Check whether Lipohypertrophy is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- de Landaluce, L. O., Carbonell, P., Asensio, C., Escoda, N., López, P., & Laporte, J. R. , "Gabapentin and Pregabalin and Risk of Atrial Fibrillation in the Elderly: A Population-Based Cohort Study in an Electronic Prescription Database", Drug safety, 2018 Jan .
- Scarff JR, "The Potential for Somnambulism Associated with Gabapentin", The Internet Journal of Psychiatry, 2014 Jan .
How severe was Lipohypertrophy and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of gabapentin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Gabapentin:
- Gabapentin (273,137 reports)
Common Gabapentin side effects:
Browse all side effects of Gabapentin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Lipohypertrophy treatments and more:
- Lipohypertrophy (753 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Lipohypertrophy:
- Lipohypertrophy in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Lipohypertrophy in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Lipohypertrophy in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Lipohypertrophy:
- Lipohypertrophy (353 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Lipohypertrophy:
- Hiv infection: 156 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Lipohypertrophy:
- Lipohypertrophy (159 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on gabapentin (the active ingredients of Gabapentin) and Gabapentin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ferrous Fumarate vs. Dexferrum - 9 seconds ago
- Isosorbide Dinitrate and Diclofenac Sodium drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Lidocaine and Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Metastatic - 21 seconds ago
- Cephalexin and Arthroscopy Abnormal - 26 seconds ago
- Pegasys and Muscle Abscess - 30 seconds ago
- Soliris and Protein Total Abnormal - 50 seconds ago
- Senna and Smell - Impaired - a minute ago
- Dyazide vs. Tricor - a minute ago
- Kayexalate and Sufenta Preservative Free drug interaction - a minute ago
- Clobetasol Propionate and Mobic drug interaction - a minute ago