Gabapentin and Premature labor - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Premature labor is found among people who take Gabapentin, especially for people who are 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Gabapentin and have Premature labor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 264,649 people who have side effects when taking Gabapentin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
264,649 people reported to have side effects when taking Gabapentin.
Among them, 22 people (0.01%) have Premature labor.
What is Gabapentin?
Gabapentin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. eHealthMe is studying from 273,308 Gabapentin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Premature labor?
Premature labor is found to be associated with 944 drugs and 652 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Gabapentin and Premature labor reports submitted per year:
Time on Gabapentin when people have Premature labor *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 50 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Premature labor when taking Gabapentin *:
- 0-1: 5.56 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 38.89 %
- 30-39: 27.78 %
- 40-49: 11.11 %
- 50-59: 5.56 %
- 60+: 11.11 %
Common drugs people take besides Gabapentin *:
- Avonex: 4 people, 18.18%
- Tysabri: 4 people, 18.18%
- Dilantin: 4 people, 18.18%
- Xanax: 3 people, 13.64%
- Ambien: 3 people, 13.64%
- Subutex: 3 people, 13.64%
- Suboxone: 2 people, 9.09%
- Folic Acid: 2 people, 9.09%
- Clexane: 2 people, 9.09%
- Paxil: 2 people, 9.09%
Common side effects people have besides Premature labor *:
- Birth Control: 6 people, 27.27%
- Maternal Exposure During Pregnancy (use of substance during pregnancy): 5 people, 22.73%
- Drug Exposure During Pregnancy: 5 people, 22.73%
- Premature Delivery: 3 people, 13.64%
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 13.64%
- Depression: 2 people, 9.09%
- Headache (pain in head): 2 people, 9.09%
- Injection Site Reaction: 2 people, 9.09%
- Foetal Growth Restriction (poor growth of a baby while in the mother's womb during pregnancy): 2 people, 9.09%
- Live Birth: 2 people, 9.09%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 8 people, 36.36%
- Depression: 7 people, 31.82%
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 4 people, 18.18%
- Thrombosis (formation of a blood clot inside a blood vessel): 3 people, 13.64%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 9.09%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 2 people, 9.09%
- Drug Dependence: 2 people, 9.09%
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (excessive, uncontrollable, unexplained and often irrational worry): 2 people, 9.09%
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 9.09%
- Hiv Infection: 2 people, 9.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Gabapentin and have Premature labor?Check whether Premature labor is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- de Landaluce, L. O., Carbonell, P., Asensio, C., Escoda, N., López, P., & Laporte, J. R. , "Gabapentin and Pregabalin and Risk of Atrial Fibrillation in the Elderly: A Population-Based Cohort Study in an Electronic Prescription Database", Drug safety, 2018 Jan .
- Scarff JR, "The Potential for Somnambulism Associated with Gabapentin", The Internet Journal of Psychiatry, 2014 Jan .
How severe was Premature labor and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of gabapentin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Gabapentin:
- Gabapentin (273,308 reports)
Common Gabapentin side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 21,488 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 21,158 reports
- Pain: 17,075 reports
- Diarrhea: 14,241 reports
- Dizziness: 13,438 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 13,437 reports
Browse all side effects of Gabapentin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Premature labor treatments and more:
- Premature labor (8,959 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Premature labor:
- Premature labor in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Premature labor in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Premature labor in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Premature labor:
- Makena: 707 reports
- Remicade: 365 reports
- Vitamins: 349 reports
- Prednisone: 251 reports
- Prednisolone: 248 reports
- Folic acid: 237 reports
- Omeprazole: 234 reports
- Azathioprine: 216 reports
- Progesterone: 208 reports
- Norvir: 198 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Premature labor:
- Premature labor (944 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Premature labor:
- Depression: 425 reports
- Hiv infection: 422 reports
- Birth control: 319 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 265 reports
- Crohn's disease: 261 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Premature labor:
- Premature labor (652 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on gabapentin (the active ingredients of Gabapentin) and Gabapentin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Metoprolol Tartrate And Hydrochlorothiazide vs. Blopress - now
- Clopidogrel vs. Niaspan - 4 seconds ago
- Fexofenadine Hydrochloride vs. Nasacort Allergy 24 Hour - 9 seconds ago
- Augmentin '500' vs. Nitrofurantoin - 13 seconds ago
- Vivelle and Bi-Polar - 20 seconds ago
- Vivelle and Bipolar Disorder - 20 seconds ago
- Nortrel 1/35-21 vs. Methadone Hydrochloride - 20 seconds ago
- Nucynta vs. Darvocet - 27 seconds ago
- Sneezing and drugs of ingredients of bisoprolol fumarate - 28 seconds ago
- Norco vs. Cymbalta - 33 seconds ago