Will you have Metabolic acidosis with Ganciclovir - from FDA reports
Metabolic acidosis is found among people who take Ganciclovir, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Bactrim, and have Kidney infection (pyelonephritis). This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,778 people who have side effects when taking Ganciclovir from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on ganciclovir (the active ingredients of Ganciclovir) and Ganciclovir (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Metabolic acidosis are also considered in the study.
What is Ganciclovir?
Ganciclovir has active ingredients of ganciclovir. (latest outcomes from Ganciclovir 3,783 users)
What is Metabolic acidosis?
Metabolic acidosis (body produces too much acid, or when the kidneys are not removing enough acid from the body) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, diabetes, hiv infection, pain (latest reports from 19,480 Metabolic acidosis patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
3,778 people reported to have side effects when taking Ganciclovir.
Among them, 37 people (0.98%) have Metabolic acidosis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ganciclovir when people have Metabolic acidosis *:
- < 1 month: 60 %
- 1 - 6 months: 40 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Metabolic acidosis when taking Ganciclovir *:
- female: 27.03 %
- male: 72.97 %
Age of people who have Metabolic acidosis when taking Ganciclovir *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 5.41 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 2.7 %
- 30-39: 16.22 %
- 40-49: 24.32 %
- 50-59: 18.92 %
- 60+: 32.43 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Kidney Infection (Pyelonephritis): 5 people, 13.51%
- Cytomegalovirus Infection: 4 people, 10.81%
- Preventive Health Care: 3 people, 8.11%
- Pneumocystis Jiroveci Pneumonia (fungal infection of the lungs): 3 people, 8.11%
- Fungal Infection: 3 people, 8.11%
- Enterococcal Infection: 3 people, 8.11%
- Analgesic Therapy: 2 people, 5.41%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 5.41%
- Hiv Infection: 2 people, 5.41%
- Hyperkalemia (damage to or disease of the kidney): 2 people, 5.41%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Solu-Medrol: 7 people, 18.92%
- Bactrim: 7 people, 18.92%
- Lamivudine: 6 people, 16.22%
- Foscavir: 6 people, 16.22%
- Nystatin: 5 people, 13.51%
- Clarithromycin: 5 people, 13.51%
- Stavudine: 5 people, 13.51%
- Fluconazole: 5 people, 13.51%
- Cotrim: 5 people, 13.51%
- Cellcept: 5 people, 13.51%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 15 people, 40.54%
- Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction): 11 people, 29.73%
- Multi-Organ Failure (multisystem organ failure): 7 people, 18.92%
- Urine Output - Decreased: 7 people, 18.92%
- Lactic Acidosis (low ph in body tissues): 6 people, 16.22%
- Leukopenia (less number of white blood cells in blood): 6 people, 16.22%
- Hyperkalemia (damage to or disease of the kidney): 6 people, 16.22%
- Pulmonary Congestion (congestion in the lungs): 5 people, 13.51%
- Diarrhea: 5 people, 13.51%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 5 people, 13.51%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Metabolic acidosis while taking Ganciclovir?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Metabolic acidosis
- Subscribe to monitor Metabolic acidosis in Ganciclovir
- Subscribe to monitor Ganciclovir
You are not alone, use our "Ginger Health" app to:
- connect with people like you who take Ganciclovir and have Metabolic acidosis
- use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Drugs that are associated with Metabolic acidosisMetabolic acidosis (1,825 drugs)
Could your condition cause Metabolic acidosisMetabolic acidosis (1,447 conditions)
Ganciclovir side effects
- Ganciclovir side effects (3,779 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Ganciclovira b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Pain In Limb with Rythmol? - now
- Oramorph Sr and Magadhi drug interaction - now
- Plaquenil and Yame Tea drug interaction - now
- Will you have Ototoxicity with Vicodin? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Skin Irritation with Vaniqa? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Warts with Proventil-Hfa? - 4 seconds ago
- Wellbutrin Sr and Lasix drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Respiratory Distress with Temodar? - 7 seconds ago
- Dalmane and Zantac drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Clindamycin Hydrochloride and Ziac drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Letrozole - an hour ago
- A study for a 32 year old man who takes Remeron - an hour ago
- A study for a 72 year old man who takes Flomax - an hour ago
- A study for a 46 year old woman who takes Iron Dextran, Miralax - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 46 year old woman who takes Miralax - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 32 year old man who takes Sustanon - 13 hours ago
- A study for a 32 year old man who takes Lamictal, Testosterone - 13 hours ago
- A study for a 32 year old man who takes Lamictal - 13 hours ago
- A study for a 73 year old woman who takes Magnesium Carbonate - 13 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Topiramate - 13 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.