Garlic and Hypoglycemia - from FDA reports
Hypoglycemia is reported only by a few people who take Garlic. We study 1,351 people who have side effects while taking Garlic from FDA. Among them, 1 have Hypoglycemia. Find out below who they are, when they have Hypoglycemia and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 26, 2017
1,351 people reported to have side effects when taking Garlic.
Among them, 1 person (0.07%) has Hypoglycemia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hypoglycemia when taking Garlic *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Hypoglycemia when taking Garlic *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 100 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (1 person, 100.00%)
- Liver Transplant (1 person, 100.00%)
- Bone Disorder (1 person, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Wellbutrin (1 person, 100.00%)
- Lisinopril (1 person, 100.00%)
- Imdur (1 person, 100.00%)
- Benadryl (1 person, 100.00%)
- Aspirin (1 person, 100.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Quit Smoking (1 person, 100.00%)
- Primary Sequestrum (1 person, 100.00%)
- Pleural Effusion (1 person, 100.00%)
- Mitral Valve Incompetence (1 person, 100.00%)
- Low Tissue Oxygen (1 person, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Hypoglycemia when taking Garlic?
- Check symptoms - is hypoglycemia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHypoglycemia and drugs with ingredients of allium sativum.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHypoglycemia and Garlic from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Garlic has active ingredients of allium sativum. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Garlic 1,488 users)
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, type 1 diabetes (latest reports from 32,938 Hypoglycemia patients).
Browse all side effects of Garlica b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HypoglycemiaHypoglycemia
Could your condition cause HypoglycemiaHypoglycemia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
iAm a diabetic. am over 60, female. i have inflamed stomach lining. Very Painful....watching closely what i eat... have lost 5 lbs this week... Occasionally the pain ia bearable, mostly not. I have been reading that antacids can lower blood sugar...I am afraid to go to sleep because my blood ...
I am a 40+ years Type l Brittle diabetic, 5'5" about 160lbs. I had an MI 11/28/14 and was put on all these medications as well as my insulin regimen. I experienced initial pain during the heart attack but then nothing for the 2 days following. Four stents were placed on 12/1/14 and immediately ...
User reviews to the study
I just found out I have high bp, started taking this drug a week ago, baby aspirin, also taking fresh garlic, is there any conflict? Shall I continue taking garlic or there will be trouble later on? Thanks!
I am taking lisinopril 20 mgs (divided doses, 10 mg. morning; 10 mg night. I have noticed after taking this drug for about a week I have a strange awful feeling in my head - almost a fogginess or denseness, for lack of better word to describe it. I have had low blood sugar for most of my life ...