Gemfibrozil and Hot flush - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 17,476 people who have side effects when taking Gemfibrozil. Hot flush is found, especially among people who are 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 10+ years, also take Lupron and have Prostate cancer.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Gemfibrozil and have Hot flush. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
17,476 people reported to have side effects when taking Gemfibrozil.
Among them, 56 people (0.32%) have Hot flush.
What is Gemfibrozil?
Gemfibrozil has active ingredients of gemfibrozil. It is used in high blood cholesterol. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 17,922 Gemfibrozil users.
What is Hot flush?
Hot flush (sudden feelings of heat) is found to be associated with 3,105 drugs and 2,294 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 84,460 people who have Hot flush.
Number of Gemfibrozil and Hot flush reports submitted per year:
Time on Gemfibrozil when people have Hot flush *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 100 %
Age of people who have Hot flush when taking Gemfibrozil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 2.22 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 24.44 %
- 60+: 73.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Gemfibrozil *:
- Lupron: 14 people, 25.00%
- Vicodin: 12 people, 21.43%
- Zometa: 11 people, 19.64%
- Methocarbamol: 11 people, 19.64%
- Zoladex: 11 people, 19.64%
- Aredia: 11 people, 19.64%
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen: 11 people, 19.64%
- Glucovance: 11 people, 19.64%
- Catapres-Tts-3: 11 people, 19.64%
- Casodex: 11 people, 19.64%
Common side effects people have besides Hot flush *:
- Headache (pain in head): 20 people, 35.71%
- Back Pain: 19 people, 33.93%
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 17 people, 30.36%
- Dizziness: 17 people, 30.36%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 16 people, 28.57%
- Emphysema (chronic respiratory disease - over inflation of the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs): 14 people, 25.00%
- Pain: 13 people, 23.21%
- Weakness: 13 people, 23.21%
- Depression: 12 people, 21.43%
- Weight Decreased: 12 people, 21.43%
Common conditions people have *:
- Prostate Cancer: 7 people, 12.50%
- Diabetes: 6 people, 10.71%
- High Blood Pressure: 5 people, 8.93%
- Cardiac Disorder: 4 people, 7.14%
- Pain: 4 people, 7.14%
- Abdominal Pain Upper: 3 people, 5.36%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 3 people, 5.36%
- Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood): 3 people, 5.36%
- Prostate Cancer Metastatic: 3 people, 5.36%
- Blood Potassium Decreased: 2 people, 3.57%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Gemfibrozil and have Hot flush?Check whether Hot flush is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Gemfibrozil side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Gemfibrozil side effects (17,922 reports)
Hot flush treatments and more:
- Hot flush (84,460 reports)
Common drugs associated with Hot flush:
- Lupron: 5,225 reports
- Eligard: 3,609 reports
- Lupron depot: 3,453 reports
- Xtandi: 3,175 reports
- Tecfidera: 3,126 reports
- Aspirin: 3,096 reports
- Prednisone: 2,759 reports
- Synthroid: 2,103 reports
- Ibrance: 2,003 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,887 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hot flush:
- Hot flush (3,105 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hot flush:
- Prostate cancer: 8,016 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 4,824 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 2,568 reports
- Breast cancer: 2,452 reports
- Endometriosis: 2,264 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,181 reports
- Pain: 1,995 reports
- Depression: 1,976 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hot flush:
- Hot flush (2,294 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on gemfibrozil (the active ingredients of Gemfibrozil) and Gemfibrozil (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Depo-Provera and Ditropan drug interaction - a second ago
- Cytarabine and Cellulitis Orbital - a second ago
- Calcium and Lip And/Or Oral Cavity Cancer - 2 seconds ago
- Simponi and Flovent drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Fragmin and Breast Cancer - 10 seconds ago
- Bactrim and Broken Bone - 11 seconds ago
- Methocarbamol and Levalbuterol Hydrochloride drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Gentamicin and Bone Pain - 24 seconds ago
- Asa and Disease Progression - 28 seconds ago
- Vitamin E and Impaired Driving Ability - 28 seconds ago