Gemfibrozil and Osteolysis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Osteolysis is found among people who take Gemfibrozil, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Gemfibrozil and have Osteolysis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16,995 people who have side effects when taking Gemfibrozil from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
16,995 people reported to have side effects when taking Gemfibrozil.
Among them, 19 people (0.11%) have Osteolysis.
What is Gemfibrozil?
Gemfibrozil has active ingredients of gemfibrozil. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. eHealthMe is studying from 17,437 Gemfibrozil users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Osteolysis?
Osteolysis (dissolution of bone) is found to be associated with 1,049 drugs and 392 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Gemfibrozil and Osteolysis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Osteolysis when taking Gemfibrozil *:
- female: 55.56 %
- male: 44.44 %
Age of people who have Osteolysis when taking Gemfibrozil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 54.55 %
- 50-59: 18.18 %
- 60+: 27.27 %
Common drugs people take besides Gemfibrozil *:
- Zometa: 19 people, 100.00%
- Rocephin: 16 people, 84.21%
- Lantus: 16 people, 84.21%
- Novolog: 16 people, 84.21%
- Meclizine: 11 people, 57.89%
- Omeprazole: 11 people, 57.89%
- Metoprolol Tartrate: 10 people, 52.63%
- Aspirin: 10 people, 52.63%
- Avandia: 9 people, 47.37%
- Decadron: 9 people, 47.37%
Common side effects people have besides Osteolysis *:
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 19 people, 100.00%
- Pain: 19 people, 100.00%
- Back Pain: 18 people, 94.74%
- Weight Decreased: 17 people, 89.47%
- Sleep Apnea Syndrome: 17 people, 89.47%
- Joint Pain: 17 people, 89.47%
- Atelectasis (partial or complete collapse of the lung): 16 people, 84.21%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 16 people, 84.21%
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 16 people, 84.21%
- Pneumonia: 16 people, 84.21%
Common conditions people have *:
- Bone Disorder: 8 people, 42.11%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 7 people, 36.84%
- Urticaria (rash of round, red welts on the skin that itch intensely): 2 people, 10.53%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 5.26%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 1 person, 5.26%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 1 person, 5.26%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Gemfibrozil and have Osteolysis?Check whether Osteolysis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Osteolysis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of gemfibrozil:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Gemfibrozil:
- Gemfibrozil (17,437 reports)
Common Gemfibrozil side effects:
- Rhabdomyolysis (a condition in which damaged skeletal muscle tissue breaks down): 2,379 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 1,897 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,811 reports
- Depression: 1,639 reports
- Obstructive uropathy (a blockage that prevents urine from leaving your kidneys): 1,091 reports
- Weakness: 1,087 reports
- Pain: 932 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 921 reports
Browse all side effects of Gemfibrozil:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Osteolysis treatments and more:
- Osteolysis (3,703 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Osteolysis:
- Osteolysis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Osteolysis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Osteolysis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Osteolysis:
- Zometa: 1,463 reports
- Aredia: 910 reports
- Prednisone: 461 reports
- Decadron: 404 reports
- Aspirin: 393 reports
- Dexamethasone: 372 reports
- Revlimid: 357 reports
- Ativan: 325 reports
- Oxycontin: 311 reports
- Neurontin: 309 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Osteolysis:
- Osteolysis (1,049 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Osteolysis:
- Multiple myeloma: 788 reports
- Osteoporosis: 265 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 167 reports
- Pain: 152 reports
- Breast cancer: 144 reports
- High blood pressure: 119 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Osteolysis:
- Osteolysis (392 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on gemfibrozil (the active ingredients of Gemfibrozil) and Gemfibrozil (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Repaglinide and Linzess drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Norepinephrine Bitartrate and Joint Contracture - 8 seconds ago
- Imbruvica and Pneumonia - 21 seconds ago
- Norepinephrine Bitartrate and Joint Pain - 25 seconds ago
- Lysine vs. Nyquil - 35 seconds ago
- Plan B One-Step and Irritable Bowel Syndrome - 44 seconds ago
- Zopiclone vs. Caffeine - 47 seconds ago
- Prostatic Atrophy and Urinary Incontinence - 48 seconds ago
- Sandostatin Lar and Deafness Unilateral - 50 seconds ago
- Micardis and Herpes Zoster Oticus - a minute ago