Genotropin and Gastric ulcer - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 32,814 people who have side effects when taking Genotropin. Gastric ulcer is found, especially among people who are female, 50-59 old, also take Enbrel and have Body height below normal.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Genotropin and have Gastric ulcer. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
32,814 people reported to have side effects when taking Genotropin.
Among them, 12 people (0.04%) have Gastric ulcer.
What is Genotropin?
Genotropin has active ingredients of somatropin recombinant. It is used in growth hormone deficiency. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 32,871 Genotropin users.
What is Gastric ulcer?
Gastric ulcer (stomach ulcer) is found to be associated with 3,308 drugs and 3,232 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 110,365 people who have Gastric ulcer.
Number of Genotropin and Gastric ulcer reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gastric ulcer when taking Genotropin *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Gastric ulcer when taking Genotropin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 27.27 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 9.09 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 54.55 %
- 60+: 9.09 %
Common drugs people take besides Genotropin *:
- Enbrel: 6 people, 50.00%
- Methotrexate: 3 people, 25.00%
- Hydrocortisone: 1 person, 8.33%
- Budesonide: 1 person, 8.33%
Common side effects people have besides Gastric ulcer *:
- Mobility Decreased (ability to move is reduced): 6 people, 50.00%
- Localised Infection (infection at the single location): 6 people, 50.00%
- Oesophageal Disorder (disease of oesophagus): 2 people, 16.67%
- Melaena (the passage of black, tarry stools): 1 person, 8.33%
- Injection Site Reaction: 1 person, 8.33%
- Gastroenteritis Helicobacter (inflammation of stomach and intestine caused by helicobacter infection): 1 person, 8.33%
- Drug Maladministration: 1 person, 8.33%
- Diabetic Foot: 1 person, 8.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Underweight: 2 people, 16.67%
- Body Height Below Normal: 2 people, 16.67%
- Thyroid Diseases: 1 person, 8.33%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 8.33%
- Stable Angina (a constant chest pain): 1 person, 8.33%
- Rhinitis (a medical term for irritation and inflammation of the mucous membrane inside the nose): 1 person, 8.33%
- Primary Hypothyroidism (failure of the thyroid gland to produce or release thyroid hormones into the bloodstream): 1 person, 8.33%
- Ovarian Disorder (disease of ovary): 1 person, 8.33%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 8.33%
- Hypogonadism (reduction or absence of hormone secretion or other physiological activity of the gonads (testes or ovaries)): 1 person, 8.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Genotropin and have Gastric ulcer?Check whether Gastric ulcer is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Genotropin side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Genotropin side effects (32,871 reports)
Gastric ulcer treatments and more:
- Gastric ulcer (110,365 reports)
Common drugs associated with Gastric ulcer:
- Aspirin: 4,462 reports
- Prednisone: 4,232 reports
- Vioxx: 3,298 reports
- Methotrexate: 3,125 reports
- Profen: 2,923 reports
- Humira: 2,918 reports
- Ibu: 2,662 reports
- Ibuprofen: 2,658 reports
- Fosamax: 2,477 reports
- Enbrel: 2,324 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Gastric ulcer:
- Gastric ulcer (3,308 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Gastric ulcer:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 4,217 reports
- High blood pressure: 3,662 reports
- Pain: 2,601 reports
- Osteoporosis: 2,038 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 1,438 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Gastric ulcer:
- Gastric ulcer (3,232 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on somatropin recombinant (the active ingredients of Genotropin) and Genotropin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Donepezil and Pramine drug interaction - a second ago
- Betamethasone Dipropionate and Productive Cough - 7 seconds ago
- Cardura Xl and Mirtazapine drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Tasigna and Nasalcrom drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Imfinzi and Januvia drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Carboplatin and Blopress drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Paracetamol and Comtan drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Profen and Orserdu drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Naproxen and Tenex drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Liothyronine Sodium and Heparin Sodium drug interaction - 31 seconds ago