Gleevec and Haemorrhagic ascites - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Haemorrhagic ascites is found among people who take Gleevec, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Gleevec and have Haemorrhagic ascites. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 33,854 people who have side effects when taking Gleevec from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
33,854 people reported to have side effects when taking Gleevec.
Among them, 15 people (0.04%) have Haemorrhagic ascites.
What is Gleevec?
Gleevec has active ingredients of imatinib mesylate. It is often used in chronic myelogenous leukemia (cml). eHealthMe is studying from 34,264 Gleevec users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Haemorrhagic ascites?
Haemorrhagic ascites (abnormal accumulation of fluid in the abdomen with blood) is found to be associated with 242 drugs and 119 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Gleevec and Haemorrhagic ascites reports submitted per year:
Time on Gleevec when people have Haemorrhagic ascites *:
- < 1 month: 37.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 12.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 50.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Haemorrhagic ascites when taking Gleevec *:
- female: 46.67 %
- male: 53.33 %
Age of people who have Haemorrhagic ascites when taking Gleevec *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 26.67 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 6.67 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 13.33 %
- 60+: 53.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Gleevec *:
- Torsemide: 1 person, 6.67%
- Norvasc: 1 person, 6.67%
Common side effects people have besides Haemorrhagic ascites *:
- Abdominal Pain: 7 people, 46.67%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 7 people, 46.67%
- Abdominal Distension: 6 people, 40.00%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 5 people, 33.33%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 5 people, 33.33%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 4 people, 26.67%
- Ovarian Cyst Ruptured (tear in fluid filled sac of the ovary): 4 people, 26.67%
- Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (systemic activation of blood coagulation): 4 people, 26.67%
- Fever: 4 people, 26.67%
- Haemorrhagic Ovarian Cyst (bleeding ovarian cyst): 4 people, 26.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor: 4 people, 26.67%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 6.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Gleevec and have Haemorrhagic ascites?Check whether Haemorrhagic ascites is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- O'rafferty C, McElligott F, Storey L, O'marcaigh A, Smith O, "Pneumatosis intestinalis and imatinib mesylate", Annals of hematology, 2014 Oct .
How severe was Haemorrhagic ascites and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of imatinib mesylate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Gleevec:
- Gleevec (34,264 reports)
Common Gleevec side effects:
- Death: 4,934 reports
- Diarrhea: 2,230 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,955 reports
- Rashes (redness): 1,916 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 1,838 reports
- Indigestion: 1,740 reports
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 1,494 reports
- Fever: 1,465 reports
Browse all side effects of Gleevec:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Haemorrhagic ascites treatments and more:
- Haemorrhagic ascites (322 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Haemorrhagic ascites:
- Haemorrhagic ascites in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Haemorrhagic ascites in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Haemorrhagic ascites in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Haemorrhagic ascites:
- Haemorrhagic ascites (242 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Haemorrhagic ascites:
- Haemorrhagic ascites (119 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on imatinib mesylate (the active ingredients of Gleevec) and Gleevec (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Heart Palpitations and drugs of ingredients of n - acetyl cysteine - 9 seconds ago
- Vitamin C and Osteomyelitis Chronic - 25 seconds ago
- Neurontin and Corgard drug interaction - 44 seconds ago
- Agrylin and Small Intestinal Haemorrhage - 48 seconds ago
- Ear Pain and moderna covid vaccine - 58 seconds ago
- Tylenol and Meniere'S Disease - a minute ago
- Escitalopram and Akathisia - a minute ago
- Shoulder Pain in Imodium, how severe and when it was recovered? - a minute ago
- Prevacid and Hoarseness Or Changing Voice - a minute ago
- Eszopiclone and Fainting - 2 minutes ago