Glimepiride and Alopecia - from FDA reports
Alopecia is found among people who take Glimepiride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Metformin, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Alopecia with Glimepiride. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 21,263 people who have side effects when taking Glimepiride from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 21, 2017
21,263 people reported to have side effects when taking Glimepiride.
Among them, 85 people (0.4%) have Alopecia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Glimepiride when people have Alopecia *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 100 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Alopecia when taking Glimepiride *:
- female: 84.52 %
- male: 15.48 %
Age of people who have Alopecia when taking Glimepiride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 16.92 %
- 50-59: 13.85 %
- 60+: 69.23 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (19 people, 22.35%)
- Hypothyroidism (7 people, 8.24%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (7 people, 8.24%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (7 people, 8.24%)
- Depression (5 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Metformin (28 people, 32.94%)
- Lisinopril (9 people, 10.59%)
- Januvia (9 people, 10.59%)
- Synthroid (8 people, 9.41%)
- Norvasc (7 people, 8.24%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (19 people, 22.35%)
- Diarrhea (12 people, 14.12%)
- Weight Decreased (11 people, 12.94%)
- Dizziness (11 people, 12.94%)
- Pain In Extremity (10 people, 11.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Alopecia when taking Glimepiride?
- Check symptoms - is alopecia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAlopecia and drugs with ingredients of glimepiride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAlopecia and Glimepiride from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Glimepiride has active ingredients of glimepiride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Glimepiride 21,846 users)
Alopecia (absence of hair from areas of the body) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 92,007 Alopecia patients).
Browse all side effects of Glimepiridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with AlopeciaAlopecia
Could your condition cause AlopeciaAlopecia
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Akasaka E, Kayo SJ, Nakano H, Ishii N, Hashimoto T, Sawamura D, "Diaminodiphenyl Sulfone-Induced Hemolytic Anemia and Alopecia in a Case of Linear IgA Bullous Dermatosis", Case reports in dermatology, 2017 Jan .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User posts to the study
I’m in shock. I’ve been looking for reason my hair is falling out. I’ve had lots of blood work. NOTHING. Now I see it may be caused by Fentanyl. This is not on their side effects list. I’m beside myself.
Hello everyone my name is chip. l just need to know is there help at 59 to get my hair back. lM wearing wigs which l thought l would never wear. My hair is about 20 strings. I'm so sad skin clears but l loss all my hair. please help me please. Tell me your experience with cosentyx. Do you ...
I have been on Tecfidera for over a year, yes I have hair loss . I did call the company on it, and they say it is not a side effect. Maybe people on Tec do lose but they do not call it in. So it will not be known to the makers of this drug to list as a side effect, do you agree ??? I know I ...
I have taken senna nightly after being diagnosed with IBS-C. It was the only thing that gave me relief. After a few months I noticed my hair changed in texture and began fallling out. I didnt put it together and have every blood test and im fine. Has anyone else experienced hair loss from Senna? ...