Who have Diarrhea with Glimepiride - from FDA reports
Diarrhea is found among people who take Glimepiride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Metformin, and have High blood pressure. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 26,262 people who have side effects when taking Glimepiride from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
26,262 people reported to have side effects when taking Glimepiride.
Among them, 1,427 people (5.43%) have Diarrhea
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Glimepiride when people have Diarrhea *:
- < 1 month: 11.9 %
- 1 - 6 months: 30.95 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.52 %
- 1 - 2 years: 26.19 %
- 2 - 5 years: 14.29 %
- 5 - 10 years: 7.14 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Glimepiride *:
- female: 56.02 %
- male: 43.98 %
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Glimepiride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.09 %
- 20-29: 0.09 %
- 30-39: 1.57 %
- 40-49: 5.65 %
- 50-59: 20.17 %
- 60+: 72.43 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 241 people, 16.89%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 127 people, 8.90%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 53 people, 3.71%
- Depression: 52 people, 3.64%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 49 people, 3.43%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Metformin: 402 people, 28.17%
- Byetta: 123 people, 8.62%
- Lantus: 116 people, 8.13%
- Aspirin: 114 people, 7.99%
- Januvia: 111 people, 7.78%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 375 people, 26.28%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 278 people, 19.48%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 189 people, 13.24%
- Weight Decreased: 163 people, 11.42%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 140 people, 9.81%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Diarrhea while taking Glimepiride?
You are not alone:
Glimepiride has active ingredients of glimepiride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Glimepiride 26,846 users)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 371,816 Diarrhea patients).
Drugs that are associated with DiarrheaDiarrhea (4,056 drugs)
Could your condition cause DiarrheaDiarrhea (4,978 conditions)
Glimepiride side effects
- Glimepiride side effects (26,274 reports)
Browse all side effects of Glimepiridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Toothaches with Ginseng? - a second ago
- Will you have Pain - Tooth Or Teeth with Ginseng? - a second ago
- Will you have Toothache with Ginseng? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Liver Fatty with Klor-Con? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Fatty Liver with Klor-Con? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 41 year old woman who takes Lexapro - an hour ago
- A study for a 58 year old man who takes Maxide, Amlodipine, Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Aspirin - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 51 year old man who takes Dulera, Bayer Low Dose Aspirin (81mg Aspirin), Plavix, Cozaar, Lipitor, Thalitone - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 49 year old man who takes Wellbutrin Xl - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 22 year old woman who takes Abilify - 3 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.