Glimepiride and Thoracic vertebral fracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Thoracic vertebral fracture is found among people who take Glimepiride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Glimepiride and have Thoracic vertebral fracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 40,778 people who have side effects when taking Glimepiride from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
40,778 people reported to have side effects when taking Glimepiride.
Among them, 15 people (0.04%) have Thoracic vertebral fracture.
What is Glimepiride?
Glimepiride has active ingredients of glimepiride. It is often used in diabetes. eHealthMe is studying from 41,532 Glimepiride users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Thoracic vertebral fracture?
Thoracic vertebral fracture is found to be associated with 771 drugs and 472 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Glimepiride and Thoracic vertebral fracture reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Thoracic vertebral fracture when taking Glimepiride *:
- female: 46.67 %
- male: 53.33 %
Age of people who have Thoracic vertebral fracture when taking Glimepiride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Glimepiride *:
- Spironolactone: 6 people, 40.00%
- Ramipril: 6 people, 40.00%
- Lactulose: 5 people, 33.33%
- Furosemide: 5 people, 33.33%
- Fluvastatin: 5 people, 33.33%
- Vidaza: 5 people, 33.33%
- Vitamin D: 4 people, 26.67%
- Fluoxetine: 4 people, 26.67%
- Synthroid: 3 people, 20.00%
- Metformin: 3 people, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Thoracic vertebral fracture *:
- Multi-Organ Failure (multisystem organ failure): 5 people, 33.33%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 5 people, 33.33%
- Fall: 4 people, 26.67%
- Staphylococcal Bacteraemia (a bacterial infection of blood): 3 people, 20.00%
- Fungal Infection: 3 people, 20.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 3 people, 20.00%
- Pseudomembranous Colitis (antibiotic-associated diarrhoea (aad), is an infection of the colon): 3 people, 20.00%
- Rashes (redness): 3 people, 20.00%
- Road Traffic Accident: 3 people, 20.00%
- Skin Reaction: 3 people, 20.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 5 people, 33.33%
- Febrile Neutropenia (fever with reduced white blood cells): 5 people, 33.33%
- Constipation: 5 people, 33.33%
- Back Pain: 5 people, 33.33%
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves): 2 people, 13.33%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 2 people, 13.33%
- Pain: 2 people, 13.33%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 2 people, 13.33%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 2 people, 13.33%
- Oedema (fluid collection in tissue): 1 person, 6.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Glimepiride and have Thoracic vertebral fracture?Check whether Thoracic vertebral fracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Thoracic vertebral fracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of glimepiride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Glimepiride:
- Glimepiride (41,532 reports)
Common Glimepiride side effects:
Browse all side effects of Glimepiride:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Thoracic vertebral fracture treatments and more:
- Thoracic vertebral fracture (3,202 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Thoracic vertebral fracture:
- Thoracic vertebral fracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Thoracic vertebral fracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Thoracic vertebral fracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Thoracic vertebral fracture:
All the drugs that are associated with Thoracic vertebral fracture:
- Thoracic vertebral fracture (771 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Thoracic vertebral fracture:
All the conditions that are associated with Thoracic vertebral fracture:
- Thoracic vertebral fracture (472 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on glimepiride (the active ingredients of Glimepiride) and Glimepiride (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Paxil Cr and Sudafed drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Ventolin and Middle Insomnia - 19 seconds ago
- Sudafed and Starlix drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Cimetidine and Zithromax drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Prostate Cancer and Ligament Rupture - 52 seconds ago
- Duexis and Butrans drug interaction - 57 seconds ago
- Trimethobenzamide Hydrochloride and Omeprazole drug interaction - a minute ago
- Duspatal and Heparin drug interaction - a minute ago
- Ibuprofen and Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis - a minute ago
- Subutex and Injection Site Pain - a minute ago