Glucophage and Gingival erosion - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Gingival erosion is found among people who take Glucophage, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Glucophage and have Gingival erosion. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 59,138 people who have side effects when taking Glucophage from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
59,138 people reported to have side effects when taking Glucophage.
Among them, 7 people (0.01%) have Gingival erosion.
What is Glucophage?
Glucophage has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. eHealthMe is studying from 60,141 Glucophage users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Gingival erosion?
Gingival erosion (gum ulcer) is found to be associated with 515 drugs and 169 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Glucophage and Gingival erosion reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gingival erosion when taking Glucophage *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Gingival erosion when taking Glucophage *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 100 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Glucophage *:
- Zometa: 7 people, 100.00%
- Naprosyn: 7 people, 100.00%
- Ambien: 7 people, 100.00%
- Anzemet: 7 people, 100.00%
- Ativan: 7 people, 100.00%
- Cephalexin: 7 people, 100.00%
- Cymbalta: 7 people, 100.00%
- Glucotrol: 7 people, 100.00%
- Wellbutrin: 7 people, 100.00%
- Kenalog: 7 people, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Gingival erosion *:
- Weakness: 7 people, 100.00%
- Haematocrit Decreased: 7 people, 100.00%
- Injury: 7 people, 100.00%
- Influenza Like Illness: 7 people, 100.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 7 people, 100.00%
- Hordeolum (small collection of pus (abscess) on the eyelid): 7 people, 100.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 7 people, 100.00%
- Hair Loss: 7 people, 100.00%
- Haemoglobin Decreased: 7 people, 100.00%
- Foot Fracture: 7 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Glucophage and have Gingival erosion?Check whether Gingival erosion is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- T.Audi Yanto, I.Huang, F.Nathania Kosasih, NP Hardjo Lugito, "Nightmare and Abnormal Dreams: Rare Side Effects of Metformin?", Case Reports in Endocrinology, 2018 Jan .
- Al-Hamdy RA, "Assessment of electrolytes and HbA1c in type 2 diabetic patients using metformin and evaluation of guidelines obedience regarding renal impairment", J.Thi-Qar Sci., 2015 Jan .
- Wiwanitkit S, Wiwanitkit V, "Metformin and sleep disorders", Indian journal of endocrinology and metabolism, 2012 Jan .
How severe was Gingival erosion and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of metformin hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Glucophage:
- Glucophage (60,141 reports)
Common Glucophage side effects:
- Diarrhea: 3,940 reports
- Weight decreased: 3,555 reports
- Weakness: 3,318 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 3,228 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 3,048 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,009 reports
Browse all side effects of Glucophage:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Gingival erosion treatments and more:
- Gingival erosion (512 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Gingival erosion:
- Gingival erosion in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Gingival erosion in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Gingival erosion in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Gingival erosion:
All the drugs that are associated with Gingival erosion:
- Gingival erosion (515 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Gingival erosion:
- Gingival erosion (169 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metformin hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Glucophage) and Glucophage (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Trusopt and Brimonidine drug interaction - now
- Heparin and Enterococcal Bacteraemia - 3 seconds ago
- Vyvanse and Indocin drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Konakion and Hyperbilirubinaemia - 11 seconds ago
- Narcan and Pancreatic Carcinoma - 13 seconds ago
- Pylera and Irritable Bowel Syndrome - 15 seconds ago
- Bisoprolol Fumarate And Hydrochlorothiazide and Combigan drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Estring and Neutropenia Aggravated - 27 seconds ago
- Haloperidol and Maternal Exposure During Pregnancy - 28 seconds ago
- Nebivolol Hydrochloride and Lansoprazole drug interaction - 28 seconds ago